• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Card & Loan: Should I make a Full & final offer

canwecleardebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, newbie here, been advised in another forum thread to start individual threads for each of our debt issues:

I need help please regards making a full & final payment offer on unsecured debt.

My wife has a Lloyds credit card & also a personal loan: We recently entered into a joint Debt Management Plan with PayPlus as our combined debts, though comparatively low to a some here, were getting on top of us and we wanted to be proactive instead of reactive. The plan is with Payplus and not direct with any creditor.

The status of the dmp offer is:

Lloydslink3.gif TSB credit card £4,095 £41.78 (accepted)

Lloyds personal loan £3,599 £36.72 (rejected)

Up to the point of the DMP my wife had not missed a payment at any time

but we are due to come into a lump sum after selling the house which is in my sole name.

My questions:

1. Should we be considering a F&F offer?

2. What kiind of %offer should we make, especially considering unsecured?

3. Due to never defaulting are we greatly disadvantaged in making an offer as they will see us as 'good payers'! and refuse ?

I wont post too much info now, instead I will post if more info requested but thank in advance for any help offered.

Original thread I posted with full DMP creditor list can be found at:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-management-debt-self/267091-help-needed-ref-making.html#post3033981

firstly as with all the offers of F&F you might make

you need to do two things

1.regardless to its age, you show still CCA the creditor

2. look to reclaim any unlawful charges &/or mis-sold PPI first

if you are unsure you have either, then it might well be an idea to SAR Lloyds

this will give you everything they hold over all a/c's on that person, it will cost £10.

and i know it sounds strange, but you are probably in a better position to get a low F&F accepted because you have been 'good payers'

pers i think you should SAR them.

unless you DEF know you dont have PPI & don't have any unlawful charges

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

As dx says, I would definitely start by sending a CCA request to each one, except the overdraft.

If they fail to provide a valid agreement (and many do fail), it puts you in a much stronger negotiating position as they will be aware that they cannot enforce the agreement in Court. Bear in mind that they sell on such accounts to debt collection agencies for circa 10%, so don't offer much more than that. Or you can choose not to pay at all, if there is no agreement or if it doesn't contain the legal prescribed terms.

Once you get the agreement/s back you'll need to scan them and post them on here for us to check them (removing personal details).

Kind regards,

Elsa x

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

Thanks for the advice to date. I have prepared my CCA letters using one of the CAG templates for such, just gotta get the postal orders to send with.

With that in the pipeline, as we have previously never missed a payment we have had no unfair charges (I assume late payment or charges for letters sent etc). Apart from maybe 1 of the 5, I don't think there is PPI in force, so with expectancy of negligible savings I'm inclined to forego chasing these aspects unless there is strong reason to (ie it enforces my position etc for full & final etc).

Dx, you did say in my original post you could not understand my logic as it was only £17,000. I'm not sure what you meant, are you able to expand at all?

Just going through the paperwork from Lloyds again, and its evident they are either trying to confuse the hell out of me or don't know what they are doing at all.

11 December - reply to my letter stating financial problems and will not freeze payments.

29th December - two separate letters from same person, firstly sending form in response to financial difficulties we advised so they can assess and the second chasing payment and asking them to contact them if we are in difficulty!

I could accept if different depts but it is probably digitally signed by same person so they obviosuly do not manual audit etc of automatic letters etc and definately don't update the account details to flag it.

30th December - day after the last 2 we get a letter telling us we are overdue and the account has assed to the collections team and to contact them if in difficulty. Also states they wil charge £12 each period which I need verify iof they have been.

5th Jan - finally get letter acknowledging ad DMP is in place.

15th Feb - letter stating we have not responded to their attempts to contact us regards missed payments. They had plagued us with calls from whatever part of world it was with foreign speakers and I iterated each time a dmp was in place and we had acknowledgement from them. It seemed not to go into their heads.

They finished off by stating if we did not pay full outstanding amount they would start slapping standard rate fees on top.

I think I'd better dig my wifes last couple of statements out to see the charges, I have stupidly left it a little since starting the dmp with Payplus. I am learning :-)

Are Lloyds really so inept and where does that leave me? Apologies for long post.

Dx, you did say in my original post you could not understand my logic as it was only £17,000. I'm not sure what you meant, are you able to expand at all?

????? where

yes lloyds are sadly rather bad toward customers that cant pay what they want you too.

makes me laugh.

all these silly train adverts costing £170'000 each time

yet you go into a branch, and speak to one of these 'we are here to help, come talk to us pople, that make all the right noises but it changes jack all

you still get 5 dead phone calls a day and heaps of unlawful charges.

BTW: you keep saying payplus? you mean payplan i hope?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so is it payplus or payplan

who is payplus?

if you are paying a fee to them to do this work dump them.

cccs and payplan do it for nothing

dx

and they

Sorry, what I prat I am, I checked before posting and still typed it worng. You are right, its payplan. I pay them £10 I think to cover my payments, something like that as thought the creditors would be more amicable if I showed effort to continue payments.

Not overly impressed with them since they were of mind to not liaise with those creditors who have continued interest (Halifax & Lloyds) saying I have to accept they may not. I accept that but to not 'try' discuss is dissapointing.

Regards using Payplan, as I have sent the CCa request should I tell them so they know I have dialogue going on with the creditors? I hadn't planned ot tell them.

no dont tell them.

strange as most times they do get the int stopped.

but do bear-in-mind even though they and CCCS are charities, they are still funded by the banks!

they set them up in the first place!!!

dx

and they

Just shows what pr*ts they are.

"Talk to your Bank if you're having difficulties"

My ass!

The harder you try, the less they help.

The only thing that concentrates their mind is stopping paying altogether till they default and terminate, then miraculously the interest (usually!) stops. Why can't they help and do it earlier?

Elsa x

Yep agreed, I have a loan and cc and they stop and start interest at will. They wouldn't even accept my monthly offer because it was higher than my I&E said was available. As soon as I made a f&f on the loan they shut both the loan and CC accounts and have passed the loan onto moorcroft....still waiting to see which unlucky DCA gets an unenforcable CC account ;)

• 7 months later...

Hi, been a long time and essentially I just wasn't on the ball in keeping on top of my dmp, choosing to simply let it toddle along as I could manage it. Now I can't as I have left my job and have no income to pay it with.

I received my cca from LLoyds but they have predicatbley carried on with interest payments the whole dmp period, taking approx £20 of the £41 I'm paying every month. I kinda think, why bother if they're gonna do that!

I can make an F&F offer as I'm happy no PPI & unfair charges have been added (exccept above said interest during dmp which they say entitled to add) so what would people suggest? The total Lloyds debt is approx £7.5k

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi, my wife has now received a default notice from Lloyds and I need advice on what happens next, or how I should respond to them.

The notice is served under sectrion 87(1) of Consumer Credit Act 1974 stating I have clause broken 2.1 regards payments.

There seems no reasoning with these people since nearly every letter I get is addressed from a diferent PO box and I have had NO replies from my letters sent in return, even when I have enclosed copies of my past correspondence to them. They have ignored all requests, including my Full & final offer. Do Lloyds do this simply to confuse, bully and frustrate you????

I cannot see how this wont just continue until they either sell the debt to a DCA or start ccj proceedings themselves, I have no idea and would like advice please.

Hi,

I'd ignore and let them get on with it, keep up your Payplan payments for now (they shouldn't go to court whilever you're with Payplan) then check to make sure the interest stops after it's defaulted. Not quite the right time yet for an F&F, in my opinion...DCA's are more likely to consider it...and the more desperate they are the less they're likely to accept.

Others may think differently, so wait for other opinions..but it's your call :-)

kind regards,

Elsa x

• 1 month later...

wondering if I should split my thread into credit card and loan as getting confusing. To clarify on the Credit Card side of things:

I sent letter dated 8 March requesting a copy of the CCA. I inadvertently, due to my own mix up sent a letter dated 15 March with a F&F offer. I heard noting back from either. I sent a chaser letter regards the F&F on 02 May. Again I received nothing in reply.

Then early June I receive a letter dated 31st May stating a Default Notice Served and if we are having difficulty paying then to contact them! They like to send from any numerous PO box addresses so you never know to whom you’re writing or if they talk to each other internally. Surely it all goes against same computer account!

I replied on June 10 stating I cannot make any extra payments except the token payments I already am via the DMP (& enclosed token payment with letter too ).

I get letter from Lloyds dated 16th June requesting an IE completion within 14 days.

I get letter dated 29 June from SCM Solicitors demanding full payment on behalf of Lloyds.

I then sent letter dated 30th June disputing the default since they had not complied with my CCA request, not even bothered to respond to it. I stated they are now in breach of their Section 78 duties & gave them 7 days to reply which they have not done.

What should I do regards their completely ignoring my CCA request and the default served after it? Should I also fill in the IE sheet?

Apologies of these posts are long but I thought to get best advice you need all possible info. Thanks