Cabot/morgan Claimform Morgan stanley card debt **struck out**

Hadituptohere
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is an application form and there is no signature from Morgan stanley. Is the third picture a copy from the back of the application form or a seperate document?

Regards

Bigandy

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rory And Bigandy for your reply, the financial and related conditions came on a seperate piece of paper with the application form at the time and the third copy was on the back of the application form I think.

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

following cabot sending me copies of the application forms as Credit Agreements I wrote back informing them they were just application forms and recieved the reply below.

Also I sent on the 21st April 2008 S.A.R requests for both accounts which they aknowledged on the 29th April 2008. With the reply below they sent a third set of copies of the application forms, statements and seperate terms and conditions, do I take this as a reply to my S.A.R's?

markletter3.jpg

If anyone has any ideas or advise as what to put to cabot next it would be appreciated as my words obviously werent strong enough to get my point accross...

Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Bump.... for any of the cabot fan club out there

NO that can't be a response to your SAR - they should be working on it - but it wouldn't hurt to send them a little reminder to display what you want etc..

Your SAR will include transcripts of telephone calls (that they make from messaging services in Rugby - they bunk in with their solicitors Hodsons) a diary of events to date, letters issued to date (this is where you'll spot the template letters that Cabot send to you pretending to be Original Lender and their Hodsons solicitors) etc..

If that is all Cabots have sent to you then NO they haven't completed a SAR at all. You want EVERYTHING off them. Cause you'll not be able to see the whole "story" without having everything.

You could write and remind them what you want is SAR - try this

Reminder to comply with a request under

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account Reference: xxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxx

Further to my/our request of xx/xx/xxxx

I/We have so far been supplied with only partial information regarding my Subject Access Request.

To clarify, I/We have requested absolutely all information you have in your possession regarding me. The following is a non-exhaustive list of information you have not yet supplied; (Edit to suit your needs etc.. )

• A true copy of the signed executed credit agreement

• A true copy of the contract on opening the above account with you
  • A true copy of the original Terms and Conditions applicable at the inception of the above account (which supports and forms the original contract/agreement)
  • True copies of any notes, logs, transcripts, letters received or sent and memos
  • True copies of any legal notices served, along with information (and true copies of supporting documents) of any legal action taken or pending
  • Details of any disclosures made regarding me to any third party
  • Any and all information held regarding me what-so-ever, on any relevant filing system regardless of media type
  • Confirmation of your actual losses or a breakdown of your genuine pre-estimate of costs incurred for each charge applied, and to which Term or Condition this charge has been levvied
  • Details of any and all manual intervention required to administer this account, and the proportional actual losses incurred in doing so
  • Where information is no longer available, I require a statement confirming how any information has been disposed of, removed, destroyed and the method of doing so, by whom, when and where.
  • Duplicate statements for the life of the account, or any hard copy print out of same showing all transactional activity on the account.

As you received my request for information under the Data Protection Act by xx/xx/xxxx, the 40 days allowed for compliance will expire on xx/xx/xxxx.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours xxxxx

Your Name xxxxx

• Haha 2

Thanks for the help, Ive just noticed whilst putting the letter together that one of the alledged accounts has gone up by 240.00 pounds.......

whilst the account is in dispute (hmmm).

Lol collecting a nice folder of evidence together against cabot.

Hadituptohere

Thanks for the help, Ive just noticed whilst putting the letter together that one of the alledged accounts has gone up by 240.00 pounds.......

whilst the account is in dispute (hmmm).

Lol collecting a nice folder of evidence together against cabot.

Hadituptohere

When you've finished with it, we got a Cabinet full it can go with in the Cabot Fan Club..:D

Sarah ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking the dates and cabot recieved the S.A.R's on the 23rd April, I havent recieved any reply to these.

I have also been informed that there is now 2 defaults on my credit file, there was only the cabot (providian) previously but it now shows cabot (msdw) also which was entered after me recieving the dodgy notice of assignment, this is also after cabot recieved my S.A.R notice.

Surely the S.A.R notice shows that the account is still in dispute and that the plonkers at cabot have no legal right to proccess data with credit reference agencies???????????

Hadituptohere

Just checking the dates and cabot recieved the S.A.R's on the 23rd April, I havent recieved any reply to these.

I have also been informed that there is now 2 defaults on my credit file, there was only the cabot (providian) previously but it now shows cabot (msdw) also which was entered after me recieving the dodgy notice of assignment, this is also after cabot recieved my S.A.R notice.

Surely the S.A.R notice shows that the account is still in dispute and that the plonkers at cabot have no legal right to proccess data with credit reference agencies???????????

Hadituptohere

A subject Access Request wouldn't state the account as being in dispute. If you sent a CCA request then you would have stated you didn't acknowledge any debt to Cabot, but the DPA would not raise the issue you state.

There should only be one default per account and Providian should have removed theirs when sold to Cabot - Citi left a default on for 2 yrs on one account Cabot bought - they removed it when requested and this pointed out. The Cabot one will remain though. They will process your data unless you have specifically stated the account is in dispute with Providian.

You've now got a job on your hands to get it put back if you are in dispute with P.

You can complain to the Information Commissioners office that they have not complied with your Subject Access Request, but I think they would want to know you have written to Cabots complaints department first. I'd write informing them they have broken the law, our Ken enjoys getting letters like that and copy the Information Commissioner they are keeping a track on Cabot just now.

Sorry can't give you better news, it's all down to us to have to chase these feckers and it shouldn't be that way.

Sarah

Sarah

thanks for your reply, the two defaults are two seperate credit card accounts, one providian one msdw. Upto finding this site I had been paying cabot for two years for the two accounts, I CCA'd and stated that I did not aknowledge any debt with cabot on both accounts back in December and checked my credit file there was only 1 default registered it was KingsHill the account was providian.

I recieved the usuall bumpf from cabot that they were having problems collecting the documents until on the 27th April I recieved they very dodgy notice of assignment and copy of an application form on the msdw account.

On the 21st April I had sent the S.A.R as I had recieved collection letters from cabot for the msdw account owned by cabot.

What Im trying to say is that the fact that cabot hadnt produced the CCA info and there was a SAR request in which they havent replied to, surley the account was still in dispute on or after the 27th April when cabot registered my info with the credit reference agencies for the second default account msdw.

I understand I have a fight to get the default removed as many of us do but at what point did my account become not in dispute allowing cabot to process my details.

Hadituptohere

Sarah

thanks for your reply, the two defaults are two seperate credit card accounts, one providian one msdw. Upto finding this site I had been paying cabot for two years for the two accounts, I CCA'd and stated that I did not aknowledge any debt with cabot on both accounts back in December and checked my credit file there was only 1 default registered it was KingsHill the account was providian.

I recieved the usuall bumpf from cabot that they were having problems collecting the documents until on the 27th April I recieved they very dodgy notice of assignment and copy of an application form on the msdw account.

On the 21st April I had sent the S.A.R as I had recieved collection letters from cabot for the msdw account owned by cabot.

What Im trying to say is that the fact that cabot hadnt produced the CCA info and there was a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request in which they havent replied to, surley the account was still in dispute on or after the 27th April when cabot registered my info with the credit reference agencies for the second default account msdw.

I understand I have a fight to get the default removed as many of us do but at what point did my account become not in dispute allowing cabot to process my details.

Hadituptohere

I think you are going to have a bit of a job convincing anyone in court that having paid for 2 years you now do not acknowledge the debt to Cabot...that said, remember if they don't supply you with the agreement then the debt becomes unenforceable until they do although they would need a court order to recommence action. What this actually means is they cannot take you to court, but they can still ' ask' for the money. You won't get much from an SAR from Cabot, the Sar should be to the Original Creditors so that you can then put the account into dispute with them for any charges they applied once you have all the statements, otherwise the amounts Cabot are claiming are in effect incorrect. The CCA requests keep you away from the courts if Cabot can't supply them and they can send as many Application Forms they like - they can't take you to court on an Application Form. I think if you question the values being asked by Cabot based upon the information you have about the balance given by the Original Creditor to them, you'll have a good chance of asking them to remove any defaults, but this is going to have to be done a step at a time.

Thanks again, so I guess my next step is to S.A.R the original lender, ive recieved statements from cabot with over 500.00+ in charges/late fees.

What would you advise next?..

Hadituptohere

Just wondering if anyone can help, ive eventually recieved my sar's from cabot, both credit card accounts have quite a lot of charges but they dont go all the way back to the start of the accounts, so best plan now??

Guess I SAR the original lenders as advised above or can I send the original lenders a letter disputing the charges within the statements ive recieved through cabot?

Is there a template letter to send to OL questioning the charges? also is there a letter to inform cabot the account is still in dispute with the OL???

Any help would be appreciated

Hadituptohere :confused:

Bump

There's a strong argument going around that you could actually ask Cabot for all the charges back now they own the debt. The only way to get the full statements is to Subject Access Request the Original creditors, that way at least you'll know exactly what you are entitled to. In the past, I had one with a credit card company which went to the DCA and the OC paid the refund directly to the DCA, but I think you could right and ask both and see which one pays up..failing that sue one also naming the other...that'd get them fighting about who's responsible and doing the job for you..

• 4 weeks later...

Another update, I sent the two companies (monument and Goldfish) S.A.R's on the 25/06/08, I have just recieved a 2 page reply from Barclaycard re the monument account, it reads :

Further to your subject request under the Data Protection Act 1998, please find enclosed a list of default charges applied to your account in the last 6 years which covers the information you are looking for.

the list supplied consists of 5 late charges 4 late payment fees and 1 late fee credit, A grand total of 72.00.

Lol.... I have just sent them my reply thanks to the reminder posted by elizabeth1.

Also looking through the account history sent from cabot, they have entered several times:

'application form required under CCA'

'error during calculation days since default notice, date of default notice is not known for this case, thus making calculation invalid'

this has really got me scratching my head, if they dont know the default date how can they enter a default on my credit file??????????

Hadituptohere

• 2 weeks later...

Right I think ive got my head round this one now (my msdw card)....

Ive S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d both Cabot and Goldfish (goldfish have till 03/08/08 to reply) theres 1300.00 in charges (worked of cabots copy of statements) inclusive of interest. Ive sent my request to goldfish for repayment of charges, they have 14 days to respond.

I have also prepared a notice to the CRA's regarding account under dispute due to unfair bank charges which will go off once ive checked my credit files again.

Does anyone know of a template or a letter used previously to notify the DCA that the account is in dispute due to unfair charges????.....

Any help would be really appreciated (again) :p

Hadituptohere

Edited by Hadituptohere

Does anyone know if Iam going about this the right way??

Also if goldfish do repay the charges to the account, what happens to the money (over 500.00) that I paid cabot on this one?

Hadituptohere

If the account is in dispute, just write and tell Cabot this, they should hand the account back to the card company because an account in dispute should not be handed out to a dca. However, if you have only just found out then Cabot might have to refund the charges if they bought the debt. As Cabot are a law unto themselves there's no telling what they'll do so you'll have to wait and see what they say in reply. what you must be aware of is that some card companies, Citi being one, actually pay the refund to Cabot if they pay out as it is implied Cabot are the owners, you owe Cabot and Cabot are entitled to it.

I know someone who had a £900 card balance sold to cabot, charges of £1300, £500 paid out by Citi as a repayment of charges, but sent to Cabot not the debtor. The fact that Cabot paid something like £90 for the debt when they bought it if that doesn't come into it!:evil:

I don't think you'll get anywhere with the CRA's just yet so I'd save your stamps - they too are a law unto themselves and all our shouting at them makes little difference so they are being 'got at' from a different direction ;)

Sarah

Thanks for the reply and the advise Sarah, im just in the process of writing my letter informing cabot that the accounts in dispute with the OL, as youve said lets just wait for their responce.

Im following the the threads on the go regarding the CRA's with great interest, as im sure so are many others... Good luck and thanks again ;)

Hadituptohere

• 2 weeks later...

Right, Goldfish have only sent copies of statements, no default notice letter of assignment or anything so LBA under section 7 Data Protection Act 1998 sent out today.

Monument who along with cabot, over the last 5 years have entered a default with the CRA's have failed reply to my SAR correctly, they have sent:

Further to your subject request under the Data Protection Act 1998, please find enclosed a list of default charges applied to your account in the last 6 years which covers the information you are looking for.

the list supplied consists of 5 late charges 4 late payment fees and 1 late fee credit, A grand total of 72.00.

Even after my reminder notice they recieved on the 11th July, so LBA also sent today requesting the correct info.

And no supprises here but no reply from cabot after informing them the account is in dispute with Goldfish......

I have to say this makes me feel sooooo much better them working to my timescales..

Hadituptohere

• 1 month later...

Hello guys

been away for a few days and this was waiting for me when I got home, would appreciate any of the cabot fan club casting their eyes over it and giving their opinion, thanks

Hadituptohere

CCF05092008_00000.jpg

CCF05092008_00001.jpg

Anybody who knows there stuff about the CCA 1974 out there???

what utter rubbish,

another example of applying the bits of the law that suits you and ignoring the bits that dont add to your case

bear with me and i will give you a more detailed response to that garbage from cabot