• Tweets

• The HA might be jointly liable with the other renter, if they have not done anything and allowed the interference to continue.  As BF indicates talk to others affected, and go after t him as a group, and involve the HA as they are also remiss permitting the interference.   Just an aside, wonder if the HA would like people to vacate and end their garage tenacy as they have other ideas for the land.  I know of HA's in wales that wanted top demolish and use the land for building living units as income barely sufficient to maintain the garages.
    • Thank You Bankfodder. What do you mean by the statement I have been offered?   I really eish i could make it a clean break and return the car as I want this to end and I dont really want a car without service history but I feel I am stuck in a hard place. The MOT is due next month and the warnings on the car are becoming more frequent. Either way I'm sure i will end up having to fix it.
    • Being objective, it could be that they accept you've cancelled the DD mandate and you can no longer access the gym.   But that does not rule out them arguing that you cancelled early or without the notice they require.   Let's not second guess though - let us know if they come after you for more, or if they let it rest.
    • I'm asking this as a result of a recent experience as i know some of you are really knowledgeable about disciplinarys. I know it's going to sound a bit cryptic but here goes.   So without giving too much away, if a local authority staff member is caught somewhere they should not be, doing something they should not be doing (usually a criminal record)  & when confronted by a member of the public tells that member of public to F' off, makes derogatory remarks about them, then on camera gives them the middle finger (all backed by witness statement), what sort of hope does that person have of retaining their job?   Clearly gross misconduct, but realistically is this survivable?
    • ROFL Says the person who almost exclusively just posts his unsupported 'opinion', ... which actually seem to come straight from Boris the Liars Puerile book of Populist Jingles (2nd edition) - but that is the populist way isn't it whether Russian troll bot or actual populist on a forum - point the finger of their own failings at others.     Back to reality: People just have to google 'Johnson foreigner lies' to get swamped with examples,   - or just 'Johnson lies' to get his divisive hate and division peddling on everything  racist/foreigner bashing/ misogynistic/the list goes on .. peddling to name but a few.   Heres just a couple of examples from literally thousands across the world: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/37-lies-gaffes-scandals-make-18558695   https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T   https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-brexit-middle-east-priti-patel-israel-balfour-robert-fisk-a9030356.html   https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/24/the-empty-promise-of-boris-johnson   Now your turn to catch up supporting your many 'opinion' posts Mr unsupported populist opinionist. .. .. A little help: Try googling 'boris Johnson competent' oops that  wont help you.      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have had a letter from the above people . I emailed them basically sayith that I wanted proof that I owe th emoney that they are asking for. I also sent them a letter to them and the original company that sent a similar letter called Zinc Collections. I have never called them as I dont want the harrasment. I have now received an email back saying "Due to Data Protection guidelines we require you to contact the office

to confirm your personal details, in order for us to deal with your query.

Do I have to call them or is the letter sufficient ?

email them saying that they can send the relevant proof to the address that they wrote to previously.

say you are not willing to give them your personal details as they may be used fraudulently.

say that if you dont receive the proof within 7 days it will taken that they wrote to you in error and that you dont owe them anything and that that will be the end of the matter

hb

Send this letter

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Hi

I have had a letter from the above people . I emailed them basically sayith that I wanted proof that I owe th emoney that they are asking for. I also sent them a letter to them and the original company that sent a similar letter called Zinc Collections. I have never called them as I dont want the harrasment. I have now received an email back saying "Due to Data Protection guidelines we require you to contact the office

to confirm your personal details, in order for us to deal with your query.

Do I have to call them or is the letter sufficient ?

If you contact them they will INSIST on having your telephone number and then you will be subject to endless TEXT messages to remind you to pay.

I would sugest that you WRITE to the company using the template above.