problems faulty car dealer

gashtech

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in march i purchased a car costing 11000 from a dealer, on delivery, the hand brake didnt work, its been back twice for repair , lastly on 11 july 2010, after problems with handling i took car to main dealer for check and mot

hand brake failed 4 percent, front bushes worn on advisary, rear discs grooved and rear control arm bolts seized in unlocked position not on mot but spotted by garage , total work for repair 1600 as i have no confidence in the dealer i brought it from i autherised repairs, plus told dealer also

told him where car was and had time to come inspect but after calls never did

i told him i was billing him for costs he said not paying, where do i stand with this, after car only 3 months old and suposed be serviced before delivery should these faults have been spoteed or repaired

the car is 6 yrs old with 57000 miles any help pleased so stressed here

Under the SOGA, the seller should be given the oppotunity to rectify. You prejudice your case by getting the repair(s) done under your own initiative. Unfortunately you have given the seller an argument if you take it to court.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

You need to be carefull on how you interpret the results. If you're looking for 100% on the handbrake forget it. Can't remember the exact figures required now but it is very low and often not explained why.

An advisory is not a failure or any indication a part is faulty. It is an opinion from the tester that the part affected may or may not need replacing before the next MOT and is often wide of the mark.

The rear control arm issue we need to get some clarification on. Seized in the unlocked position indicates that the cam which adjusts the camber is not touching the control arm. This could be the reason why you have handling problems. Whether or not it should have been picked up on service is debatable as it depends on what car and what service etc.

Personally I think you have "jumped the gun" a bit and as sam points out you should have given the dealer the opportunity to fix first.

I'm very concerned that you have been quoted £1600 to fix though. There is something significantly wrong with this quote on face value.

Perhaps you could give a more detailed description of the handling fault and what car it is??

many thanks for replys, car is lexus RX300 at the time i was 2 hrs from home fri after noon as i live in country no way get back, dealer i brought it from was also 2hrs away , id been back there twice for repair costing over 120 pound in fuel. i would come back home would fail again days later. the garage lent me a car to go home in, when i brought the car i asked if everything was checked and serviced and recently when i complained i was told all frictional parts checked, if i knew that this was going to cost me as soon as i brought it i would not have botherd, plus after two atempts my confidence in any repair was zero, now cars come back spot on, the car pulled to left badly, strreing wheel was going way out of centre, on the bill it says they have replaced camber adjustments