• Tweets

• How was the "receiver" appointed and what is their role? Appointed by the lender under the terms of their security on the loan (sometimes referred to as "LPA Receiver")? Or are they acting for you in insolveny? What's the current role of the agent?
    • Wait for more replies, but that letter to me can be interpreted as a letter before action. Ignoring it can have consequences. The court to impose sanctions for failure in responding to a letter of claim.
    • I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

unknown RWay CCJ for Cap1 card at old Address - already paid NCO!! **SET ASIDE**

Jossy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody.

First of all, found this site yesterday and feel like I already know more about my legal rights than I have ever done in the past, just by reading peoples cases on here, so thanks for that.

my "potential" problem with Robinson Way

(who appear on this site frequently, and come across as total crooks)

sent me a letter out of the blue yesterday just stating a previous address of mine, and asking me to contact them on a freephone number 0800 085 2958 if I am not the person who lived there.

I do not owe any money to any organisation, bank, DCA etc, but i had two debts that were paid in full over a year ago, and have the paper work to prove that they were settled.

After reading about this god awful company on here,

I'm guessing they have somehow bought a debt that no longer exists,

want me to confirm who i am,

and then will start chasing me for something i have already paid.

I have spent the last year making sure my credit rating has improved i really don't want these crooks ruining it for no reason at all.

Maybe i am jumping the gun somewhat, as they only want confirmation of a previous address but the previous horror stories about these people makes me think it could be the start of something worse.

If i don't ring the freephone number to say it's not my old address, they have worded the letter to assume that no contact confirms they are right.

Should i phone their Manchester office directly on a different number and ask them to confirm why they want this information from me?

Does anybody have another number for them?

Or should i just leave it and see what happens next?

Not sure what do people, any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jossy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore the idiots until they send something more substancial, they are just on a fishing trip, ring to confirm its not you, what a bag of crock.

Robbersway are the pits to deal with, absolute plonkers, so best to avoid any verbal discussion with them.

Is the letter addressed to you by name at your current address, but asking you to ring if you didn't live at the previous address stated?

They are out of order here, I would report them to the OFT and trading standards.

Under no curcumstances ring them or give them any information whatsoever, they are no bodies, no power whatsoever they just like to think they have.

If you get any other letters from them came back on here.

If they ring you, do not answer their security questions and tell them to bog off, you don't give confidencial information to unknown callers

I jest not, they will tell you anythong to get thiers hands on your bank or debit or credit card details, so DO NOT enter into any dialoge with them. Never confirm anythiing, just treat them like nusence calls, which is what they are.

Thanks for the replies everybody.

The previous address stated in their letter is my old address, and they want me to call only if it is NOT mine. I guess that their logic is that if i don't ring them, then they think they have their man correctly identified and will proceed with similar nonsense to what others on this site have experienced.

I am not too worried because i 100% do not owe anything!!! I just don't want my credit rating ruined because of these morons.

I'll leave it for now and see if i get anything else in the post in the near future. If i do, I'll let you all know on here and you can advise me what steps to take.

Thanks everyone,

Jossy.

• 6 months later...

Hi everybody.

I started a thread back in January named "Potential trouble from Robinson Way", where I stated that I had received a letter out of the blue from them asking to confirm a previous address.

The advice I got on here was to ignore these crooks as they were probably fishing for something else, so ignore it I did and I didn't hear anything else for a while.

About 2 months ago I received a call from them telling me I was in default of an account and that I must start payments immediately otherwise the case would be prepared for court.

Having learnt about this company from the horror stories on this board I stood my ground and told them that I had only ever had two debts that had long been all paid up , and offered to fax him the confirmation letters as proof. After seemingly accepting this, I never heard from them again.

However, earlier this week I received a telephone call from my bank asking me to come in as they wanted to update my account because of the "excellent" way I have run it (ironic being as a month earlier I had just been made redundant and so no money was actualy going in).

I went to see them,

sat through all the talk only to discover that their system was then preventing them from carrying out whatever upgrade they had called me in to do.

The lady disappeared fro a while to make a call,

when she came back she said they coud not upgrade the account because there was a CCJ against me.

Impossible was my response because I knew I owed nothing.

I have an account with credit expert

the first thing I did when I got home was check my file.

And as I thought, nothing was on there.

I called the credit expert help line and they advised me to include an old address,

somewhere i haven't lived for nearly 10 years, and then check back the next day when the records would have updated.

This is where it gets interesting (or incredibly frustrating if you're me).

There is a CCJ against me from Northampton County Court, issued on 20th March 2008, against my name from my old address, by none other than Robinson Way.

The amount of £859, even more confusingly, has been satisfied.

I explained that I haven't lived there for nearly 10 years, have never had an account with Robinson Way, have certainly not ever paid them a penny, and that any debts I had in the past were completly different amounts to the one listed.

To make matters worse,

the lady then informed me that to have this removed,

to apply for the correct paper work would cost ME £75,

or i would have to consult legal advice myself which also would leave me out of pocket.

I have no number to call Robinson Way because, as I said above, i have never had an account with them. Also, judging by their track record, I doubt they would remove it anyway.

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

I want this removed IMMEDIATELY as it has nothing to do with me at all,

I refuse to have to pay to do so as this is Robinson Ways error not mine.

Surely it is illegal for them to pull this kind of stunt?

I have spent a number of years rebuilding my credit score, and they have ruined it through no fault on my part.

Jossy.

You need to get the CCJ set aside.

Follow the process as outlined in the following link.

Removal of CCJ's - Main Menu

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What ever you do, do not telephone robbers.

If you follow the advice given you may also find that you may not have to pay too much, if at all if you are still not working.

I think I can see what has happened, and it does look problematic for robbers.

Who was the original debt with, as you may need to send them a SARS request to get further information as to how this CCJ happened.

You may, potentially have a claim for this being put onto your files, but I am sure many GAG experts will be along to guide you through this.

This may be tricky for you Jossy.

If the CCJ was in 2008, the claimant would have been Robinson, Way & Co Limited who entered creditors voluntary liquidation last year following the receivership of their parent London Scottish Bank.

The current company, Robinson Way Limited, is a different entity to the previous one with a new company number, registered office and CCL - although under the same management.

Thanks for the advice guys.

The only problem I have with this is that all the reasons stated in the step by step guide to removing a CCJ relate to those issued to someone for a genuine reason.

The one issued against me has absolutely nothing to do with me

- wrong address,

company (Robinson Way) that I have never had an account with,

no court summons ever received,

and most puzzling of all

- the fact that the debt has been PAID.

The amount (£859) is a totally different amount to debts I have had in the past,

I can't believe it is linked to them at all,

plus the fact that they were all paid up a long time ago.

Also, I would like Robinson Way to get in serious trouble for this.

Surely it's against the law for them to operate in this way?

Seniorservice, just saw your message after I posted my reply.

I really hope this does not complicate it more, because I want these people punished for what they have done.

The only problem I have with this is that all the reasons stated in the step by step guide to removing a CCJ relate to those issued to someone for a genuine reason. The one issued against me has absolutely nothing to do with me - wrong address, company (Robinson Way) that I have never had an account with, no court summons ever received, and most puzzling of all - the fact that the debt has been PAID. The amount (£859) is a totally different amount to debts I have had in the past, so I can't believe it is linked to them at all, plus the fact that they were all paid up a long time ago.

I think you can get hold of all the information used for the CCJ from the courts. If you know the reference, you could contact Northampton to see what you need to do. There may be a small fee involved.

The CCJ is still on your record, so even if the debt is not yours, you still need to follow the process. Once it becomes known who has made the mistake, then you can make a claim against the appropriate party.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Pushing a CCJ through via Northampton at a previous address is an old DCA trick used by some of the more despicable members of that particular 'club'.

I would normally say that it is for them to prove you owe the debt and not the other way round, however, in this instance I think it might be handy if you can gather some evidence to support the claim that you were not living at the address the Summons was issued to.

It might also be a good idea to send the SAR to the original creditor so that you can see how their figure 'may' have been arrived at, or, to be able to prove the amount of the CCJ bears no resemblance to your alleged debt.

I think you can use the address issue to get the CCJ set aside, even though it is 2 years, as you have only just discovered this because you have been out of that address for some years.

Others may have differing thoughts on the matter, but this is my personal view of how you can make a start.

Get all the information you can from the Court on Monday.

In the meantime download and start to complete the set aside Court Form from: http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/downloads/pdf-files/n244_form.pdf

Just back from the pub,

won't go in to too much detail now,

but regarding contacting Northampton court;

I have already done that and they informed me that the paperwork I need to get the CCJ removed will cost me £75, but I refuse to pay that much even if I could afford it as this has nothing to do with me even though it is against my name.

I will go through all the other suggestions tomorrow when I am thinking a bit clearer.

Many thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated.

Anything you pay out getting this removed or set aside, can be claimed back if you decide to sue whoever made the mistake, ie robbersway.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just remember that if the CCJ, has meant or will mean that any application for finance could be rejected or accepted at an increased rate of interest, it will cost you much more than £75.

As has been said, you can claim this back, as costs once you have hopefully won the set aside. If this is definately a mistake by RW, you could make the case to receive substantial damages. Someone last year won several thousand pounds from a DCA, who had accidentally noted their credit record in error.

Well folks, the plot thickens.

This morning (Saturday) I received a letter from Horwich Farrelly Solicitors

(whom I understand from reading about Robinson Way on other threads, are suspected to be one and the same company)

stating that I have failed to pay in accordance with the court order against me.

They have named the creditor as Robinson Way, ex Capital One.

This is interesting as I now know for sure that they are chasing a debt that I had paid up nearly 2 years ago, to another debt agency called NCO Europe.

Also in the letter I received today was the "balance due" figure of 264.13.

They have listed Northampton as the court it has been issued against,

just as was stated on my credit report.

The case number for the court is ....,

EXACTLY the same as the one also listed on my credit report,

I also now know that todays letter is referring to the same case.

I have a CCJ against me at Northampton court,

issued in march 2008 for the sum of £859,

by Robinson Way, against an address I haven't lived at for nearly 10 years.

The court,

after speaking to them directly,

have told me that the debt had been satisfied,

even though it should not be there at all,

and I had never had any dealings with Robinson Way or paid them a single penny.

On the 17th July 2010, I receive a letter stating I still owe £264.13,

that the case is still open with Northampton Court,

and being as the case number is identical,

can safely assume that the CCJ from 2008 and todays letter are the same thing.

Just to further confuse matters,

todays letter states that they are willing to accept immediate payment of £174.32 to close the issue for good.

They left a phone number to call them on

- 0161 633 4418, but when you call it,

it says that this number does not receive incoming calls.

Honestly people,

you cannot make this stuff up.

Is it a coincidence that I receive this letter 2 days after speaking to Northampton County court and the Experian help line????

I think not.

Surely these people are breaking the law in what they are doing?

They are chasing me for a debt that I don't owe,

have never owed to them,

that according to the court has been paid anyway

(but not by me to Robinson Way),

they have successfully placed a CCJ against me at an address I haven't lived in for 10 years.

Words cannot describe my anger towards these people at this present time.

I don't just want my name cleared,

I want this company severely punished for what they are doing.

Any suggestions on what my next step is now???

Thanks in advance everybody

This is interesting as I now know for sure that they are chasing a debt that I had paid up nearly 2 years ago, to another debt agency called NCO Europe. Did you keep a copy of anything received in writing to confirm this debt was paid off ?

So to summarize, I have a CCJ against me at Northampton court, issued in march 2008 for the sum of £859, by Robinson Way, against an address I haven't lived at for nearly 10 years. The court, after speaking to them directly, have told me that the debt had been satisfied, even though it should not be there at all, If the court has the debt as being satisfied, then they can provide something in writing to confirm this. Can the court inform you of the details, so that you can take this forward.

Honestly people, you cannot make this stuff up. Is it a coincidence that I receive this letter 2 days after speaking to Northampton County court and the Experian help line???? I think not. I think this is just a coincidence. The DCA's just work from a diarised system, following on from debt information received on a spreadsheet. At some point RW have received a spreadsheet entry showing a debt and they are chasing purely based on the information on their systems.

You are going to have to dig away at this to find out what has happened. If you have proof you settled the debt to NCO Europe, send Horwich Farrelly a copy of this. Advise them that they are chasing for an amount which is not owed by you.

Then if there is a CCJ on your record, which is incorrect, you need the courts help with this. Ask them for the details and then look to get it set aside. Yes it might cost you, but you can claim this back.

Yes I have kept a copy of the letter I received from NCO Europe when the debt was fully paid up,

but having read all about Robinson Way and the way they conduct themselves,

I doubt this will make them cease hassling me

or remove the CCJ they have put against me.

Regarding the court,

are they legally obliged to send me all the information they have about the case?

They wanted to charge me for p/work to remove the CCJ,

so is it likely I'll have to pay for this too?

And what about the phone number?

How can any company,

no matter what their business,

give you a contact number to call them only to have it tell you that it does not receive incoming calls? This sums this lot up quite nicely.

I'll call the court again on Monday morning and see what they have to say,

and I'll update on here as soon as I know.

Thanks everyone

I would advise that you also make a complaint to the OFT and Trading Standards via: Consumer Direct

You seem to fairly well organised, but I would suggest that you write an itemised list of chronological events in order that you can then gather together all the supporting paperwork you have on these appalling events.

It may well be that you could either get an appointment with CAB or a short appointment with a Solicitor.

Depending upon your earnings, and if you claim certain benefits you may be able to issue the set aside for less than the £75.

Interesting they got a ccj for a non existant debt.

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Interesting they got a ccj for a non existant debt.

Not really, as I think they got it by default. So court would just have accepted the claimants word for it that the debt was owed, at the amount they said it was.