Can We Take The Dwp To Court For Misleading Information On Their Website??

COUNTMEIN
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

I'm going 'back to basics here, BUT...Just looked on DWP / DIRECT GOV website and this was taken from it...

''Who can get Employment and Support Allowance

You may be able to claim Employment and Support Allowance if any of the following apply to you:

• your Statutory Sick Pay has ended, or you cannot get it
  • you are self employed or unemployed ( this applies to me)
  • you have been getting Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and have not gone back to work for your employer because you have an illness or disability which affects your ability to work
  • you are under State Pension age ( this applies to me)

You must also either:

• have had an illness or disability which affects your ability to work for at least four days in a row (including weekends and public holidays) ( this applies to me)
  • be unable to work for two or more days out of seven consecutive days ( this applies to me)
  • be getting special medical treatment ( this applies to me).....

' so why Don't we get it??' - ( without having to fight tooth and nail for it, that is).....:???:... SURELY A CASE FOR MISREPRESENTATION??/MISLEADING INFORMATION BY THEM ??

best wishes

countmein X

I think that you will find out that the same page goes on to say....

Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance

You may be entitled to claim contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance if you have paid enough National Insurance contributions.

Income-based Employment and Support Allowance

You may be entitled to claim income-based Employment and Support Allowance if you do not have enough money coming in, or you have not paid enough National Insurance contributions, and you satisfy the entitlement conditions.

This means that you have savings of less than £16,000 and, if you have a partner or civil partner, they work for less than 24 hours a week on average.

I can't see how it is misleading.

It doesn't say you will be entitled, it says you may be entitled.

Same with DCA letters. "We may take you to court". They rarely say "will" because that implicates a certainty rather than a possibility.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

What Erika said. Basically, the website is laying out what are called the "generic conditions of entitlement". People who don't satisfy these will find their claims rejected outright and without further consideration. People who do satisfy these conditions aren't automatically entitled to benefit, hence the word "may".

If you think of it in terms of JSA, one of its generic conditions is that you must be looking for work. But that doesn't mean that everyone who is looking for work is entitled to JSA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.