Capquest/Abbey/MBNA & Bankruptcy Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Not sure if this is in the correct place or not. But here we go.

I have recieved a hand delivered letter from Capquest stating they are going to take me to court to declare me bankrupt (daughter opened the door etc etc)

Now, this debt relates to a bank account I had with Abbey National (I opened this account on the 4th Jan 2002), it defaulted on 01/12/2006. The thing is, Capquest have brought the debt from MBNA (who I have had no dealings with, ever) so i'm a little confused.

I have read somewhere that I maybe able to challenge any old bank accounts that are now defaulted. I'm after some advise into what I should, I have tried looking around the forums, but just seem to be getting more and more confused!

I look forward to your help and advise, or points in the right direction.

Wayne

mbna dont do bank acounts?

strange?

have you cca'ed the leechers chasing you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Another Capquest Stat Demand !!!

If you can post the Stat Demand up on here - remove all your personal data ... there are lots of people who will advise and help...

Bet it's signed by Barry Davies ?

You're in the right place Wayne. Could you please scan and post the hand delivered letter from capquest?

Then people can have a look and see exactly what's going on.

Members will then hopefully, be able to advise on your next steps.

Remember to remove any personal info - name, address, reference numbers, barcodes, etc.

Use an image host like imagebam.com - it's anonymous and you don't have to sign up or give a user name.

Cheers

H.

scan your agreement

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have a read of the following thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/258608-capquest-have-issued-statutory.html

1) You need to try to phone and speak to Barry Davies at CapQuest on the number given on the statutory demand. Try to phone him once every day, over the next 3 days. Don't give any information to whoever picks up the phone. Just ask to speak to Barry Davies. If he is not available or someone else tries to deal, just put the phone down. The point is that if companies issue an SD, the person noted should be available on the telephone number they have given. Make a note of the date/time you attemped the call, as this can be used to stop the SD being granted. If you manage to speak to Barry which is very unlikely, ask him why he has issued an SD in respect of a previous arrangement with MBNA. Point out you have never had anything with MBNA.

2) You need to make the CCA request to CapQuest by recorded delivery. Send the following letters. The second letter is just the covering letter to send with CCA request letter, which is the first letter shown.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77 to s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradinglink3.gif Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Dear sir/madam

I note receipt of the statutory demand for bankrupcy dated xx/xx/xxxx, which was served to my address on xx/xx/xxxx, but not to me in person.

Enclosed is a request for a copy of the consumer credit agreement pursuent to section 77 to section 79 of the consumer credit act 1974.

As I have a time scale of eighteen days to apply for a set asside, I require this agreement by xx/xx/xxxx. (enter the date which is 18 days from the date the SD was served at your address)

I need to remind you that it is your responsibility to have the corect documentation before litigation is commenced.

I also require a copy of the default notice, notice of assignment to comply with the law of property act 1925, statement of account and termination notice.

IT IS MY INTENTION TO APPLY FOR A SET ASSIDE WITH FULL COSTS

I AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE

yours faithfully

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do this for now and post back once you have sent letter and made phone calls over the next few days. I am not an expert in completing the form, so hopefully other will help you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

wasnt there a second part to this.

never answer a call that claims to be from him, say on a ringback to you 'oh he'll call you later'

this could be someone impersonating him?

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

Hi

Capquest have gone a little quiet now so think it is about time you reported them to the OFT if you haven’t done so already.

Please bear in mind that the template letter on the first page of this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk...=1#post3422496

may not be suitable for all and you will have to adapt it to your own circumstances I.E

You applied to get it set asidelink3.gif and CQ didn't turn up

You applied and CQ agreed to discontinue

You ignored and CQ did nothing

Today the OFT set out some new guidance and sending SD's as a debt collectionlink3.gif tool is now frowned upon.

If you want to read it, here's the link

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/con.../OFT664Rev.pdf

You can complain by email and the OFT will email you back a form to sign and post back to them for them to be able to add your complaint to their list.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus;jses...1D83BF00 04F6EA

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE