Enhanced CRBs - unjust and immoral !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work for a company trying to help the long term unemployed back to work. I work with adults. I was hauled in to work to explain something on my enhanced crb which has nothing to do with the job i do, and find myself suspended while a further investigation is carried out. I have been with the company 4 months so have limited protection. My beef is I am an innocent with a good character with no convictions - only an investigation when I was a teacher with no negative outcome - and I had a 3 month review stating how good my work was, but the Chief of Police can put details on my enhanced crb that have no relevance to my job and could lead me to being sacked ! Also, I have clearance from the ISA to work with children and vulnerable adults !! My union is supporting me but are there any organisations that can pursue the police for what they have reported on my enhancement, or no win no fee employment solicitors than can take the company to task if they do sack me unfairly ??

This isn't really my forte, but I believe a company can dismiss staff for pretty much anything they like if said staff are still in their probationary period, hjowever long that might be. Also, however irrelevant to the job, if there's something you thought might show up on an enhanced disclosure when you applied for the job, but haven't told the company about, I'd imagine you are walking a thin line.

On the plus side though, you did say that were cleared of any charges in your teaching career, which I would think, wouldn't ordinarilt have any bearing on a disclosure.

Good luck!

an entry to a CRB has to be a valid conviction. the court convicts, sends the information to the criminal records bearue, who then enter it on to the CRB.

the Chief of Police can not put any details on anybodies CRB.

simples

cab

Cab1ne-Lombard-Shoosmiths **Claim Recieved**

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?181761-Cab1ne-Lombard-Shoosmiths-**Claim-Recieved**/page25

Summary Judgement 01/02/2011 **REFUSED** set for trial "May 23rd To June 30th 2011"

DISCONTINUED 3rd MAY 2011 **WON**

santander" Responsible Lending!!!!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?219431-quot-santander-quot-Responsible-Lending!!!!!!!

Capquest "V" Cab1ne

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?262962-Capquest-quot-V-quot-Cab1ne

"STAYED"

CAB "Sittin Tight"

an entry to a CRB has to be a valid conviction. the court convicts, sends the information to the criminal records bearue, who then enter it on to the CRB.

the Chief of Police can not put any details on anybodies CRB.

simples

cab

Sorry but that is not true.

Whilst a standard CRB discloses details of convictions, cautions, official reprimands - ie those which have involved an admission, or proof by jury of guilt, an enhanced CRB will contain not only those details (from the Police National Computer), but also any information held on local police computers, such as investigations which are not pursued or not warranted, as in this case. Basically the information may contain just about anything which has involved the police at some point.

In the first instance you can complain HERE

But it may also be necessary to complain to the relevant police authority, for only they can remove any factually incorrect information from their local files. It is notoriously difficult to get them to do this, but there is a momentum of opinion (and indeed the new government has promised changes to the CRB system when they get round to it).

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I deal with CRBs for my school........I'd never heard of investigations being on an enhanced CRB. I've learned something new today. The new Vetting and Barring Scheme was to include any ongoing and past investigations being listed - which is really unfair if the allegations are malicious, which they are in many cases. But as Sidewinder says, it's likely that this scheme will now be scrapped.

I agree entirely. There was a case on here (I seem to remember) a long while back where a couple found themselves in all sorts of bother because malicious accusations had been made anonymously to the police. Nothing was ever even investigated, but because the accusation had been made, and a pocket book entry transferred to an electronic record, it appeared on an enhanced CRB. Ridiculous!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!