Meeting Arranged by Manager

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend has been invited for a meeting by his work regarding absenteeism due to a disability, which is covered under the DDA. The letter was dated 12th and my friend got it yesterday 15th it was delivered by another manager at his work place. The letter was on plain paper not the companies letter headed paper. It also said that if my friend could not make the meeting the following day it could be postponed for a max of 5 days, and to contact the manager to rearrange, but there was no phone number on the letter the manger was not in work on the 15th . He went and had a word with the manager that handed deliver the letter and told her that he would not be able to attend the meeting the following day, he was then told that manager who called the meeting was not in work and would not be in work until 16th day of meeting.

Initially he was told by the manager that the meeting would be informal and no need to have anyone with him. However when he asked for clarification in writing he was told differently that he should have someone with him.

He is concerned that the letter was dated 12th and said that the meeting could be only postpone for a max of 5 days, should he take the 5 days from the date of the letter or when he actually received it on 15th as obviously the letter dose not specify. :mad:

Hi,

The postponement generally runs from the date of the meeting... therefore, from the 16...

Your friend should write a letter requesting that the meeting be postponed to an ulterior date, within 5 days of the initial meeting.

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

I understand that there been no meeting as yet, it was only a retune to work meeting. Now it seems straight to a Formal Attendance Review. The letter say that he can be accommpany with a union rep or a colleague. Are they trying to frighten him or what. Apparently the letter said that if the person can not attend then he has to contact to rearrange the meeting. It was only yesterday my friend got the letter dated 12th July and the person was not in and will not be in work until this afternoon.

Edited by Allwood