dvla/ failing to notify sorn

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok people

get your heads around this one

friend of my brothers is in a pickle with dvla ref late ved licence fine.

as usual its been passed to phillips who are spouting there worthless poison.

FACTS

1/ HE HAS BEEN LIVING WITH HIS PARTNER FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS AND HE SENT OFF THE SORN ON HER BEHALF. HE TICKED THE BOX ON THE V890 SORN AS REG KEEPER AND SIGNED NEXT TO IT DECLARING AS LEGAL PARTNER.

2/ DVLA RETURNED THE FORM SAYING AS HE WAS NOT THE REGISTERED KEEPER, THEY COULD NOT ACCEPT THE SORN AND THE NEXT MONTH £80 LATE LICENCE VED FINE WAS ISSUED.

HOW CAN THEY DO THIS AS THE OFFENCE WAS FAILING TO NOTIFY SORN,

YET HE DID, WELL SHE DID

COMMENTS PEOPLE

Edited by postggj

HOW CAN THEY DO THIS AS THE OFFENCE WAS FAILING TO NOTIFY SORN,

YET HE DID, WELL SHE DID

No SHE didn't!

I have not ever done a SORN so not sure what the form looks like, but it very much sounds like there is no opportunity to sign the form on behalf of the RK.

Why did he fill it in and not her, or at the very least get her to sign it? I fill in lots of forms that require my wife to sign, but I always get her to do so when required on the form.

It could be that they are relying on the regulations that only the registered keeper can declare SORN and as the form was not completed by the registered keeper, the declaration was not valid.

Why not use the V11...? Just a box to tick, no signature required. Same goes for doing it online. In the v890 requires a signature, then the RK is required to sign, it cannot be delegated.