Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Let's say you didn't pay (you did of course, but just for the sake of argument) and Smart Parking are in the right.   They need to pursue the driver of the car.  They know who the keeper of the car is from the DVLA, but that's not the same thing, lots of cars are driven by more than one person, my son often drives my car for example.  It's a big problem for them.   So they got parliament to pass a law, POFA 2012, where, if the keeper refuses to name the driver, then liability can be passed to the keeper, but only under certain conditions - such as sending out the paperwork within 14 days.  Usually they are too lazy, stupid & arrogant to do this, as in your case.   That's why dx said not to appeal, as unfortunately when appealing most motorists out themselves as the driver,    
    • no sure how much car is worth, it  is on 2010 plate , Subaru Forester XC BOXER D ,  got about £3k left on it to pay
    • Yes - it was , didn’t say what application for    how can I object if have no knowledge of what application they have done , just that ordered to be listed for hearing - seven days up yesterday according to latest post    I’m happy to have a hearing , just don’t want judgment without a hearing    I just want the opportunity to defend myself -  Money claims judge ordered a hearing - that’s fine  but local court saying , doesn’t matter it’s what our judge says - that’s what worries me    why do I have to be on speed dial to court because the claimant ignore all procedures and protocols    the application should have been served with their evidence to me 
    • I know cheers dx, i have been reading on the forum, i have read that because its over 14 days there out of time? Can any one clarify what exactly that means, thanks
    • had to remove the pix pasted directly to screen you must redact things properly  read upload carefully  use one multipage PDf only please   can you do the relevant questionnaire link in post 2 please    
  • Our picks

    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.
      I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.
      As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.
      If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.
      They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.
      If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.
      The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.
      They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.
      Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
        • Like
    • Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies

Which forum for Direct Debit Query?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3726 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi people!


Can anyone direct me to the best place to enquire about direct debits please?


I've just found a direct debit payment on my bank statement that I don't recognise.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Which bank are you with ?

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.



Link to post
Share on other sites

You could get one of the mods to move it to the A&L section.


While you're waiting I'd suggest getting in touch with them to query which company is debiting your account.


If nothing jogs your memory then you could cancel it and make a indemnity claim.


This might trigger off some action from the company taking the money but I'd cross that bridge when you come to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...