Black Horse Repossession

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I probably done the stupidest thing ever for an 18 year old lad to do. When I passed my driving test I wanted a decent car and knew I couldn't afford to buy one out right. My mam has her car on Finance and I thought what the heck I'll go for it. I went to my local Evans Halshaw showroom in the hope of seeing a 53plate Corsa SXi that was up for £3000 and thought that including Finance I wouldn't be paying that much more. Turned out that the person I spoke to on the phone didn't actually have a clue what cars they had in stock and the said car was actually in another Evans Halshaw.

Ended up speaking to a salesman anyway and he said there was an 06plate Corsa SXi+ with 30,000 miles on the clock up for £4995 if I wanted to have a look. Ended up going for it as it was perfect for a first car.

Got the Finance sorted out with Black Horse and was paying £153 a month Finance which I thought wasn't too bad bearing in mind the age of the car etc. It wasn't untill I got home and got all the paperwork from Black Horse when I realised that my Finance was over 5 years...Now I don't know if everyone is the same but at 18 I don't want a 1.2 for 5 years, but kept reading and found out after 2.5 years I could hand the car back and get another car out on Finance or just end it there.

Paid the car for 6months. Took it in for service. Got phone call of Evans Halshaw saying I needed a new engine...News to me as the car was religiously checked of oil and filters changed all the time. Typical lad with his first car, want it looking good and going good. Said that there was a hole in the bottom end and the car had no oil in...yet dipstick was showing there was oil...

Anyway 3weeks later supposed new engine fitted, got car back with no paperwork about new engine (dodgy for starters!) but had already spoke to Black Horse about getting rid as I didn't want a car that had already had that kind of problem at such a young age. Roughly 30miles later, gearbox blew up and car was sat outside house for a further 4months.

They came and collected the car after trying to get me to pay even though I was told I wouldn't have to pay anymore due to the problem(s) not being related to me.

Now I've moved house and they've got my address as I informed them incase of any further information they need etc. Got a letter the other day saying I owe £4500 to them or they're getting the baliffs.

Help! What do I do? Don't want to pay as I no longer have the car, they've supposidly sold it at Auction but I don't know if that's true. BUT at the same stage I don't want the baliffs coming to my door.

Thanks in advance.

I would send a subject access request, and immediately put the account in to dispute with black horse. See what comes back and then take it from there .

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

How do I go about doing that? Only other Credit that I have it a telephone contract which is ending tomorrow and I'm going back on Pay&Go and Sky. So don't really know the in's and out's of this.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone got anymore information to help? Got another letter stating I have 14 days before this company are getting in touch with Black Horse to tell them to undertake legal proceedings.

if they have not yet started legal proceedings, as your post above suggests, then there is no immidiate possibility of any bailiffs being sent to your property as to do so the creditor would have to make a county court claim against you, then the court would likely order you to pay a set amount each month based on what the courts thinks you can afford and only when and if you failed to keep up with the repayments ordered by the court could the creditor then apply for a warant to instruct bailiffs to act in enforcing the ccj.

in short, that takes months.

What it sounds like is you are being contacted by a debt collector, debt collectors and bailiffs are two vastly different things.

what is the name of the company who are contacting you?