Landline Number for Tax Credits

beyondhope

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive acquired this through sheer persistance and complaining after being kept on hold for ridiculous amounts of time on a call that was costing as it was the 0845 3003900 number, they will say its for overseas but dont listen to any of it!

01355 359007

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Thanks for that beyondhope, I don't use them myself (HMRC) but I've seen posts saying that they're running on half the required number of staff and getting through is invariably a nightmare.

Please could someone who uses HMRC give it a go and let us know how they get on with the "priority number" with a view to adding it in the stickies somewhere.

Regards,

Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

no worries Loan Ranger it was given to me to shut me up I think ;)

Its renewal time anyway so very busy and with election bringing in new government and new changes and all the changes that is bringing to tax credits its invariably a nightmare! The longest ive been on hold is 45mins and the bloke on the end didnt know what had hit him lol

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

This number has been on the go for a while, as a number solely for overseas claimants. There are also other landline numbers available that are set aside for specific purposes. It largely depends on who picks up. Some staff will help, others will refuse to take your call and insist you call back on 0845 300 3900.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)