style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3677 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

good afteroon all urgent help

looking for some advice ?

have been paying rossendales every month since feb march april may NO PAYMENT MADE june due on the 22nd of every month did not pay june as not well in hospital diabetic type 1 and payment due 22nd july THAT he says would now not be acceptable

still owe _ £ 339.00

had a visit today asking for full amount now owed 596.00

where do i stand regarding this he has given me 7 days to pay full amount or said will seize goods surley he can not charge this extra for visit ?

any help be very gratfull

:)

Hi, I'm not an expert by any means but the answers to the following questions will help those who are when they come along.

Has the bailiff previously been in your home to levy items with a WPO (if so, what is on the WPO) or have they put a levy on your car?

How many times has the bailiff visited your home?

What is it you are paying the bailiff for? If it is Council Tax, what was the amount of the liability order passed from the council to the bailiff before any charges were added?

Have you received a breakdown of charges added to the account since it was passed to the bailiff?

Do any of the following apply to you or other members of your household?

Those who might be considered vulnerable include the following:

the elderly;

people with a disability;

the seriously ill;

the recently bereaved;

single parent families;

pregnant women;

unemployed people; and,

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.

The National Standards for Enforcement Agents covers the above:

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

Sit tight and someone who knows what they are doing will be along soon enough,

Feebee_71

hi

no the bailliff has not been in my home no there is no wpo.

no levy on car

the bailliff has visited once before re this, yes it is council tax i am paying i dont know what the orginal amount was, no i have not had a breakdown in costs from rossendales.

i am diabetic type 1 and stress makes my blood sugars rise that then makes me feel unwell

what do you think ?

thanks

hi

no the bailliff has not been in my home no there is no wpo.

no levy on car

the bailliff has visited once before re this, yes it is council tax i am paying i dont know what the orginal amount was, no i have not had a breakdown in costs from rossendales.

i am diabetic type 1 and stress makes my blood sugars rise that then makes me feel unwell

what do you think ?

thanks

Tomorrow morning ring the Council and ask:

1 - How much the Liability Order is for

2 - How much is still outstanding

As far as the Bailiff is concerned are you sure he has not seize any goods outside - notably a motor vehicle whether it is yours or not. You need to establish what fees you have been charged - here's an example use it and adapt for your own needs - send to Bailiffs by email and a copy in the post sent Signed For:

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges including Computer Screenshot.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Providing you are certain no levy has taken place then if he comes just ignore him or pass him a token payment through the letterbox. He can threaten, bully and intimidate but there is nothing else he can do. He can't arrest you, put you in prison or any other multitude of things he says. When you get your breakdown back the chances are you will find you owe a lot less than the £596 he now claims.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

good morning

thanks for your info will call local council and see, i do not think that they have put a levy on my car as the first time the bailliff called i was out and when he called yesterday my car was in the garage for mot so not here again ! the bailliff has not mentioned aything about any cars !! i think that i have been lucky with bing out and the car not being here.

i have copied and pasted your template and will send letter off today - i will let you know how much i owe and what i receicve back from rossendales

many thanks - what a nightmare - there should be laws about these companies and how they behave also about the charges that they apply

regards

another customer ripped off by rossendales !!

its time to fight these arse*****

A bailiff can charge for only 2 visits if no levy has been made

1st visit £25.50

2nd " " £18.00

He/she cannot make charge for a levy and a visit on the same day. If this bailiff has levied then they should have given you a list on what they have levied on and posted it through the door if you had not been there.

Are you on any benefits, are you a single parent.. I see that you are diabetic which may class you as potentially vulnerable under the National standards.

Like others have said you need to get a breakdown of the fee's that they robbing bailiff has tried to charge.

I would try and pay what you owe to the council via their online facility and write to them stating what you are doing. Also inform them that you are potentially vulnerable under the National standards, and request that they take back the debt as you feel that the bailiffs is trying o overcharge you and putting you in a position where you are unable to pay.