Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd / Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been following several related threads and read with interest some of the advice given, and followed the directions to this point...

...I sent a CCA request and have now received a letter (a standard response by all accounts) advising they have asked for "...relevant documentation from our client and once received we will duly forward the same to you.... meanwhile.... collection activity is on hold."

I am about to send letter 2 - is this the correct next step?

The original debt is my wife's and was over £6k and is now at £2k, but I had to take over a call recently where my wife was being aggresively threatened with further action unless we agreed to an increase payment. I refused and follwoing research brought me to this site. If I can fight back I will and any help I get from here will be very much appreciated.

Thanks - TJ

Hi,

So long as the 12 working days have passed since they received the CCA request, I can see no harm in sending the A/C in dispute letter.

Did you ever try and reclaim the charges on this account from BC

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have a thread relating to Barclaycard and Moorcroft,i dont know how to add a link but you will find it if you click my name.

Moorcroft have been the easiest i have dealt with so far. :)

I have a thread relating to Barclaycard and Moorcroft,i dont know how to add a link but you will find it if you click my name.

Moorcroft have been the easiest i have dealt with so far. :)

this one???

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/220752-moorcroft-debt-recovery-can.html

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

the easiest ways to copy a link are:

1. right click on the address bar when you have your thread on screen. left click copy, go to the thread you wish to paste it on, click reply then right click on the reply page, left click paste= job done

2. On each post at the top right is a permalink. Right click on that, look at the bottom and it says copy link location, left click on that and continue as above

Tee Jay - if you've received notification in writing that all collection activity is now on hold due to non-ability to provide a valid CCA, then you should be able to now send the Account In Dispute letter.

At the very least, that reminds them of their obligations and that they should not pass the case on to another DCA.

Thanks for all your help. I'll send the Account in Discpute letter today. What can I expect next?

Officially, nothing. While the request is outstanding, they are not allowed to chase you for the debt nor are you obliged to offer payment nor are they allowed to sell the debt on while the account is in dispute.

Of course they will probably ignore all of the above but since when have DCA's followed the rules

Hi,

So long as the 12 working days have passed since they received the CCA request, I can see no harm in sending the A/C in dispute letter.

Did you ever try and reclaim the charges on this account from BC

Yes - we claimed about £1600 in charges from Barclaycard and they sent the enitre amount to reduce the debt!

• 1 month later...

Update: So I sent the 2nd letter to Moorcroft on 15/7/10 and waited as per advice on other threads... until today.

My wife has now received a letter from Barclaycard advising they have "...enclosed a copy of your original executed agreement..." blah, blah.

The documents they have enclosed appear to be an unsigned (in fact blank) copy of a credit agreement - there are no personal details on the documents at all.

Can anyone advise what I should do next?

This is Barclays way of getting around sending a copy of the actual agreement as they are allowed to send a reconstruction of what your agreement would have looked like. The unknowing would accept that and carry on paying

What it doesn't do is prove that the debt is enforceable even if they say it is. Only a SIGNED agreement can do that.

I would now be tempted to send Moorcroft this:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/582-possible-letter-when-a-questionable-agreementapplication-is-sent

Do I send this letter to Moorcroft or Barclays as the letter we got today came from Barclays?

I really do appreciate your help with this :)

To Moorcroft although you can amend it slightly to include the fact that BC sent you the "agreement" direct and it's duff

• 2 weeks later...
** Update **

I sent the letter to Moorcroft on 24/8 giving them 21 days to get back to me with a copy of an executable agreement. That date comes up on 14th Sept. What is my next move?

Sit back and wait for their next piece of drivel. As you have been supplied with a reconstruction, they will feel that they have complied and will begin demanding again.

Once they start threatening legal action you could then try the cpr31.16 route but it's a case of wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm getting an error message saying I need to have 20 posts before I can post a link or image?! I guess I need to write some more eh?

Unfortunately, that has been put in place to deter spam posters. Just waffle on for a few more posts

Ther you go, only six more to go :-D