1903Lee

Debt Arrangement Scheme

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3684 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry, don't want to become a serial poster but i had my meeting with CAB this morning and it turns out i could go into a DAS. Has anyone had any experience of these? The two options on the table are sequestration or a DAS....so i'm not sure what to do! HELP

Hi,

I think avoiding sequestration is adviseable,

Have a look at this link.......................

Sequestration - What Is Sequestration? Advice and help

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

DAS is an excellent scheme for homeowners in debt, I have never seen the value of it if there are no assets.

How it works.

An approved money adviser will look at all your circumstances, draw up a financial statement and create a payment programme over a period not normally exceeding 10 years based on disposable income.

Once it has been approved by the Accountant in Bankruptcy all interest and charges stop and the amount at the date of approval is the figure you pay over the period.

The advantages are, as long as you meet the agreed payments throughout the term of the agreement, the creditors cannot take action against you or the property by means of enforcement even if you have substantial equity.

THIS SCHEME SHOULD NEVER BE CONFUSED WITH DEBT MANAGEMENT, WHICH PROVIDES NO PROTECTION WHATSOEVER.

With DAS you are protected by Scottish Law.

You can find more information at WWW. Money Scotland

Hi,

It is depdendant on you circumstances on which would best suit you.

There is plenty info on both for you to make an informed choice

National Debtline Scotland | Debt Advice | Factsheet 22 Debt Arrangement Scheme

National Debtline Scotland | Debt Advice | Factsheet 01 Bankruptcy

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks. I am assuming i could try a DAS and if it's too much of a struggle i could move into bankruptcy. My only really asset is my house but that is in negative equity.