Barclays Previous Offer

Badgerboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I haven't been on the site in a while so apologies if this has been covered off previously. I successfully retrieved my money owed by Lloyds and Abbey National, I then embarked on chasing my wife's Barclays and Natwest accounts. She was offered £700 from Barclays from the £1793 total and £599 from a £700 total with Natwest. This was in Jan 07 and Feb 07, I sent the standard letter back stating we would accept but would pursue the remaining amount. Then the big freeze to bank charges came in when my Barclays case got a notice of hearing in June 07.

My wife is a house wife and doesn't have any income can we go down the financial hardship route or could we accept the previous offers they both made to her???

Any help would be appreciated.

Successfully beat LloydsTSB for £900 and Abbey National for £650, now taking on Barclays for my wife which is roughly £700.

Hi BB,

You say you accepted the offers in early 2007 but, from what you say in para 2, I assume they never paid you.

It may be that you actually sent Rejection Letters. Please check on what you said and let us know.

I doubt you'll get anywhere by accepting the reduced offers now. The banks will say the offers were Gestures of Goodwill which are no longer necessary after the banks won the OFT test case.

Your wife may be able to reclaim charges under the Hardship rules but the bank would probably take your overall joint income into account when deciding on whether YW is actually suffering Hardship.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi,

I said I would accept the £700 but would be pursuing the rest so they don't actually pay you as you are going for the whole lot. I will go down the hardship route I guess, can you confirm it is was hardship at the time my wife incurred the costs or hardship now.

My wife could state either but my income would mean they wouldn't give it as I earnt 69k last year. The reality is though we have 30k on credit cards so although I took home a good wage, we are barely surviving at the moment.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Successfully beat LloydsTSB for £900 and Abbey National for £650, now taking on Barclays for my wife which is roughly £700.

To have any success re Hardship, YW would need to show she was in FH when the charges occurred and preferably now too.

This may be difficult if the bank sees you earned £69K last year. ;)

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)