can i get mymoney back from my old energy supplier?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was with Eon for gas and electric...both were prepayment meters.

on the 20th of may i changed my electricity to EDF.

on the 3rd of june i changed my gas to EDF.

btw i signed both the EDF gas and electric contracts on the same day, it just took a while until i actually changed over.

although my gas and electric were both on prepayment meters i used to get statements, so i knew both accounts were in credit by quite alot.

by early july i'd still not received a final statement or any kind of letter about my closing balance, so i emailed Eon to ask if/how i could get the credit on my account back.

on the 6th of july i received an email from Eon saying they'd sent me a cheque for the credit on my electric account...i received it a few days later.:D

but they wouldn't give me a refund for my gas account.

Here's what thier email said...

I have refunded the credit on the electricity account but not the gas account.

The gas account was closed on estimated readings and we can not refund this.

The electric account was a credit meter before it was a prepayment and there was an over payment made on that account, that is why we can refund the electricity account and justify its balance.

if neither Eon or EDF took the gas meter reading when i changed companies i get no credit refund...is that true?

would it make any difference is i took the reading now?

the last paragraph about my electric meter being a credit meter before it was a prepayment meter...what does that mean?

i'm really confused.:confused:

Hi geriann

Credit meter, means a normal meter, not a PrePayment Meter.

If your due a gas credit, it would still be there, I think, you need to give the current meter reading to EDF. The estimated readings for gas would have been carried forward to EDF.

• 2 months later...