sj01

private investigator

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3674 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have checked my experian credit score and have been searched by a private investigator company.

I obviously have not given this company permission to look at my credit file.

It said it was an unrecorded enquiry.

Can they do this and if they have broken the rules who do I report them to?

Thanks for your help.

What was the name of the company and what did the search show up as ?

(ie type of search)

Perhaps the Application Type will be similar to the one a Particular debt collector decorated my file with?

"Customer Management" :rolleyes:

I am no customer of theirs:mad:

Here we go have a read of this :)

What was the name of the private investigator company?

Private investigator firms do not have to carry a CCA licence.

But, they do have to adhere to the DPA and;

be registered with the ICO.

What was the name of the private investigator company?

Private investigator firms do not have to carry a CCA licence.

But, they do have to adhere to the DPA and;

be registered with the ICO.

Hi thanks for replying,

It was TOWERHALL SOLUTIONS.

What was the name of the company and what did the search show up as ?

(ie type of search)

Hi it was Towerhall solutions and it was in the section where a bank or credit company where you have applied for a loan would have the entry.

In your first post you said that it was an unrecorded entry but you last post implies otherwise.

If you've signed up for the Creditexpert service from Experian you should use their website to tell them that you have not authorised the search and that you require it to be removed from your file. They will then refer the matter to the searching organisation and ask them for an explanation. In practice they will invariably say that the search was legitimate but there are steps you can take if that happens.

Hi I didnt make myself clear. The search was made in the credit check section and where it says application type it says 'unrecorded entry' where in other parts where I have applied for H.P it says 'credit check'.

Looking at experians web site, I think unrecorded entry means that other lenders dont see it when they look at my credit report.

It still means that Towerhall looked though, how can they do this?

First things first...The ICO WILL NOT look in to a complaint UNTIL you have exhausted the companie's formal complaints procedure. I know it's frustrating but it'll save you time ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)