lisdav68

CapQuest now H L Legal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Advice would be mostly appreciated.

Kays account sold to CapQuest, sent a financial statement with offer of payment. They have declined the offer but refuse to put it in writing.

I have now had a letter from H L Legal which stated

H L Legal have been appointed to act due to my failure to respond to a letter dated 28th June 2010 from CapQuest. Correction letter was actually dated 29th June 2010. I responsed on the 1st July as soon as I received it. In the letter from CapQuest it stated that I had until 12th July 2010 to contact CapQuest or may account would be passed to H L Legal. Yet I have received a letter dated 9th July from H L Legal.

The following are letters received

Letter from CapQuest

Dated 29th June 2010 - received 1st July 2010 - responded 1st July 2010 ( Financial statement and offer of payment sent 2nd July 2010) Received CCA from Kays (Shop Direct) The CCA does state my old account as shop direct changed all the system and issued new account numbers. Should I have received a new agreement?

Received a letter from Shop Direct ? confirming account has been sold looks like one just printed out from CapQuest, Same envelopes as their letters came in.

8th July 2010 - received 10th July 2010 - responded 12th July 2010 due to office closure.

9th July 2010 - 14th July 2010 - responded 14th July 2010. This letter was from H L Legal

What should I do next? I have made an offer and have actually set up a standing order.

I will not be bullied into paying any more. My other creditors have accepted my financial statement and offers. These are one of my lowest debt and causing grief.

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}

I personally would send a copy of all your correspondance to Capquest to HL and tell them to go back to Capquest. I would make the payment that you offered if they attempted to go down the court route a judge wouldn't look too kindly on them doing this when you are making payments.

Some companies issue new agreements but shop direct probably wouldn't.

Is your agreement from them signed? If you can post it up so it can be checked over.

It's amazing how much grief you can get from a creditor for a small amount and the large balances creditors seem to accept including stopping interest.

By the way did you get notice/deed of assigment advising you it had been sold on?

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

HL are next desk along at Capquest.

What was the approximate date you opened your account, it is the only Agreement you have with them and if they cannot provide an enforceable Agreement thats the end of that.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.