County Court Action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has a County Court action against her put in by CLF which I (on my wife's behalf) asked the court to hold while I attempted to get a copy of the CCA from them. CLF (and their solicitors HC&Co) agreed to hold the action while they processed my request. They have now sent me the original document that was completed in store at Debenhams, which in essence is an application form.

It states;

Thank you for taking the time to apply for an Account Card.

It then goes onto the next section, headed;

Credit Agreement Regulated By The Consumer Credit Act 1974

By this agreement made between you the Customer named below and ourselves GE Capital Bank Ltd of Trent House, Torre Road, Leeds LS99 2BD agree to open an account in your name on the terms set out below and overleaf. It then goes on to take the personal details (and the PPI was accepted, incidentally)

While it is an in store application form signed by my wife and the check out gal, does this constitute a formal credit agreement and if not, why not and what does?

What do you good people suggest we do about the action? Make an offer through the courts who are asking us to provide full financial details?

This is an urgent issue and while I really do appreciate your resources are spread very thinly. I would be very grateful for a quick response.

I'll start another thread about other issues so this thread can concentrate on this issue. I hope that's OK.

Thanks in anticipation guys. Bill

Edited by MakemBill

It would be helpful if you could scan and remove personal details and post the paperwork they have sent you on this thread for an opinion to be given.

Normally an Application Form is just that, and not a Credit Agreement. How long ago was this taken out?

That's quite obviously a wee bit small.

Seems I need a bit more advice on how to post a good sized image for you guys to read.

The credit agreement was taken out in September 2002 and has been paid at a rate of £4 a month until recently.

I think I sussed out how to attach these docs now. Hope they're legible. They aren't the best photocopys you've ever seen.

CCA Debenhams.doc

CCA Debenhams Terms.doc

I am expecting a letter any day from CLF restarting the county court action so any advice will be well received.

I did set out a defence online stating that they hadn't adhered to a previous request for a CCA and I was applying again following the action. They agreed to wait until I had received the CCA before pursuing their action.

I'm sorry too DG,

I uploaded them to my managed files and attched them via the paperclip. Any ideas why they're not opening?

Thought I'd cracked it.

Can anyone else open them or tell this plonker what he's doing wrong?

Cheers

MB

The application form is legible but the terms are fairly faded, but I don't have good eyesight so to a person with an average prescription they would peobably be able to make out the script.

Let's wait and see if anyone else comes by and offers their opinion.

Thanks Senior