skatepunkdog

Lowell Portfoilio

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Got a letter from Lowell this morning, look like a bank statement.

credit agreement dated: 29/09/2003

This notice is being given to you as required by the consumer credit act 1974 because you fell behind with your payments under this agreement by your original creditor.

statement date: 08/07/2010

period covered: 01/07/2009 to 30/06/2010

your account summary

Opening balance on 01/07/2009 £575.97

Total payments recieved £0.00

balance adjustments £0.00

fees & charges £0.00

closing balance on 30/06/2010

--------

see over for your transactions ->

*then overleaf:

opening balance £575.97

no transactions

closing balance £575.97

i had debt when i was at uni and if i'm right then this one was paid off, but i could be wrong.

any advice? am i right in thinking that because the debt is older than six years they should'nt be chasing me anyway?

thanks

Hi,

is it more than 6 years since you actually made a payment or acknowledged the debt in writing?

If so it is Statute Barred.

I'd ignore this for now, let us know if they write again.

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

i've had a bunch off them in the past year since i moved house, and no i havn't had any dealings with them since 2003 - any advice?

It won't matter how many letters they've sent to you.

If you have not contacted them by letter, phone, email or in person and have made no payments to the account since 2003 - that's seven years... then the account is statute barred.

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .