style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hope you can help me

i've been off sick now for 8 weeks after having a TIA (mini stroke) in the middle of may.

i went into hospital for an operation 5 weeks ago (carotid endarterectomy) and have just been given another 2 week sick line-

up until now my boss had been ok-now he's getting a bit iffy and saying that HR are asking questions and i will probably have to se the OH

tbh i dont know if thats the truth or hes just trying to get me back to work asap, i get the feeling that he thinks i'm at it

he said i would be tucked away in an office and not on the shopfloor when i go back (i work in retail security) but he said the same thing when i was off before and it didn't happen (i was off around this time last year after falling down 14 stairs and badly breaking my wrist-off for 14 weeks)

there didnt seem to be a problem then, so why this time

when do OH usually get involved? i thought it was only if you were long term sick not just waiting for your wounds to heal properly before you go back to work

Hi superbab, and wellcome, it must be hard going back to work after a mini storke. Do not worry GP's do not give sick note nowadays unless they are sure you are not able work. Was falling down the stairs work related.

It is good that the OH is getting involved as if you employer does not follow their recommendation then you take them to task. Ask to see what is on the form that is being submitted to OH, but I am not sure if he will let you see it as it seems to be a gray area. I know they have to let you see the the results and what the OH recommendations and if they refused then keep asking to see it becasue it is on the OH report that if the employee asked to the repost then they are suppose to let you have a copy.

Good luck.

I wouldn't worry about seeing OH Superbabe as, in my experience, they rarely say anything of much worth!!

I take it that you have been employed for over 2 years? It's probably because you had time off when you broke your wrist and now your stroke that they're starting to get a bit stroppy.

My previous employer used to refer to OHA anytime between 1 and 6 months. Remember also that this is your opportunity to suggest what adjustments may be required in your workplace WHEN you are able to go back.

Given the medical details you've provided I don't think you have anything to worry about.

PS. Tell the OHA that you want to see a copy of any report he provides and ask him to advise your employer that he has no objection to them releasing a copy to you. Some employers try to say that they don't have the authorisation to release the report and that only the OHA can give the necessary permission.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi there. The employer is entitled to refer any event of sickness to OH and it is considered good practice for longer term absences. There is nothing to worry about there, as there is a light at the end of the tunnel in terms of prognosis, and OH are bound to support the GP's opinion as to your ability to work.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

thanks for the advice:) was back at the doc and have a date to go back to work, with 2 weeks desk duties;-)

Thank you for letting us know, if hope it goes well for you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum