FLM loans harassment by telephone, text and email.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, About a year ago I had no choice but to get a loan through FLM with my Dad acting as guarantor for me.:( I have been managing the payments fine, but this months payment, due on the 1st July, wasn't paid because I just couldn't afford it with other priority payments having to be made. Since the 1st July, I have received at the least 2 texts and a phone call every day, as has my Dad. I phoned them on the 1st to explain that I wouldn't be able to make the payment until the 20th of July but they still keep sending these texts and emails and making phonecalls. For example, today I have had, so far, 3 texts, 2 phone calls (1 to home phone, 1 to mobile) and an email. My Dad has had 3 texts. He also received a phone call last week saying that they will repossess his house if the loan payment is not made. My Dad laughed at this but it worries him that they've threatened him like that. He hasn't made the payment because he has been made redundant and is now on unemployment benefit.

I've asked FLM to stop contacting us by phone and mobile but to communicate in writing only.

It hasn't made any difference though.

Is there anything I can do to stop them?:mad:

Thankyou for reading!

Charlotte.

I'm sorry to hear of your plight....I have to ask first was there any PPI on the loan at all ? I think if either of you are going to talk to them on the phone then you should record the calls. I would also report them to the OFT if they are making threats like that. Are you able to make the next months payment and a little more towards the arrears ?

Hi, thanks for replying. No, there wasn't any PPI on the loan. I will be paying this months payment of £100.79 on the 20th, so 19 days late, but they have already put 5 charges on the account, £20 when repayment was 1 day late, £7 for being 5 days late, another £7 for being 10 days late and £20 for letters sent to myself and my Dad, so a total of £74 in charges in 13 days! They have said that legal action will be taken after 21 days. I didn't realise they could proceed so quickly!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Charlotte and Leo,

I'm having similar experiences with them. Can you keep us updated as to your progress regarding the SAR? I think I might go for that. I have already made a complain via the Financial Ombudsman but they've got 8 weeks to reply and so far nothing. in the meantime, situations getting worse :( not sure what to do tbh.

All the best with your situations guys.

• 2 weeks later...

We also are have problems with this company. i am a disabled lady who is looked after by a carer (my husband) prior to this my husband had worked all his life and we had never had any problems. In 2007 our son who had a very good job so did his wife asked us to sign as guarantor for a loan and we did through FLM, I had a good carera but she had to leave through personal pro blems so hence my husband have to give up his job to care for me. Soon after this with the way thing where my sons company closed down and he was out of a job, and then to our disbelief his wife became pregnant and soon had to go on maternity leave, so we went from having 3 incomes to social benefits, However our son did really well and managed to pay them every month with out fail but as thing got tighter they missed one payment and the txt messages started so did the phone calls. they are now 2 months in arrears and i have never been so harrashed in my life its made me very ill I cant sleep at night because they keep going on that we have to pay its our duty to pay we are the guarantors, we have explained time and tims again that we cant pay it will are just surviving on benefits but still the phone calls and txts keep coming, I am at my wits end as they keep on saying about our assetts which is our home we are just to people living on benefits what do they want. My son only owes 2 months what the hell is wrong with these people does anyone know of anything that can be of maybe anyone who tell us how to stop this nightmare My son has offered to pay a little more on top of the monthly payment but they keep putting charges on and its not helping surely this is not right!!!!!!!!!

Hi sumcobro,

Firstly, welcome to the forums. I like you am a new user and hopefully, you'll find the support and advice needed here. I don't know much myself legally, only the bits I've managed to read on here, but I'm hoping what little we do know, we can help each other out with.

It upsets and angers me to read of your situation and sadly doesn't surprise me the level of response received from a company like FLM. I'd like to say though that despite what FLM would have you believe: you do have your rights and they can't simply bully and harass you into making payments you can't afford.

Here's what I've done so far as like you, I'm a guarantor and a couple of months behind.

1) Complained via the Financial Ombudsman. I've explained my situation to them and they sent a letter on my behalf. They have 8 weeks to respond. I've also registered my complaints with the OFT and am prepared to take it to the ICO if the harassment doesn't stop.

2) Sent a template letter of harassment

3) Sent a CCA request. I'm hoping to have this looked over by someone on here.

4) Sent a SAR request.

Today I've received a default notice completely ignoring my other requests. As far as I'm aware this is not right? I'm just researching into it a little further.

What I would advise is you send this (http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Harassment_by_telephone) template letter recorded delivery to hopefully stop the harassment as I noticed we're not getting phonecalls. Only communicate to them via letter as that way, you have written proof of all communication.

I'm honestly not sure what else I can advise you in regards to the debt. My methods so far hasn't produced much a response but I'm hoping to persevere. They simply can't treat people like this!

• 1 year later...

I to got a loan and when I was one day late they threatened me and mt guarantor. I hv breast cancer and was told to my face that that was not of there concern. I burst into tears and this person called Sam said pull yourself together. U took the loan out and u knew u had to pay it on time. I then asked for the complaints department . He was happy to give it me. Only to find out later that he was the person who deals with the complaints. Hv breast cancer is the worst and they had no compation. My guarantor went mad at them but they just said. That's it's not there problem. Never ever go with Flm loan even if ur double desperate. This will sound real bad now but sleeping for the money would hv been better. They r rude ignorant hv no compation and arrogant people to do business with. Stay away

Hi, About a year ago I had no choice but to get a loan through FLM with my Dad acting as guarantor for me.:( I have been managing the payments fine, but this months payment, due on the 1st July, wasn't paid because I just couldn't afford it with other priority payments having to be made. Since the 1st July, I have received at the least 2 texts and a phone call every day, as has my Dad. I phoned them on the 1st to explain that I wouldn't be able to make the payment until the 20th of July but they still keep sending these texts and emails and making phonecalls. For example, today I have had, so far, 3 texts, 2 phone calls (1 to home phone, 1 to mobile) and an email. My Dad has had 3 texts. He also received a phone call last week saying that they will repossess his house if the loan payment is not made. My Dad laughed at this but it worries him that they've threatened him like that. He hasn't made the payment because he has been made redundant and is now on unemployment benefit.

I've asked FLM to stop contacting us by phone and mobile but to communicate in writing only.

It hasn't made any difference though.

Is there anything I can do to stop them?:mad:

Thankyou for reading!

Charlotte.

• 11 months later...