grouperbobby

Full & Final

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, this has probably been posted somewhere else but I have resolvecall hounding me and had a visit from one of their bods yesterday. No-one was in but he left a card. Basically the situation is I'm £150 over my £1750 barclaycard limit and cannot due to other payments afford even the minimum payments.

I've been reading through the forum and I am going to send them a CCA letter but I'm worried that if they're sending people round it's already maybe too late. I can probably steal from Peter to pat Paul and offer them 10 or 15% as a full and final payment but should I wait for the CCA or just send them to F&F letter (if anyone has a template for this letter I would appreciate that)?

I also intend to send them a letter telling them not to send anyone else round.:confused:

Hi,

I'd CCA them, or the DCA if it has been passed over, I would hold back on offering any settlement at the moment, it is worth reading posts on F & Fs too, do not send them a cheque from your own ac if you did offer them one, etc..

CCA template is here;

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Hi GrouperB and welcome to CAG.

Are there any penalty charges on the a/c which you can reclaim in full, plus interest.

Re the visit, they tend to be a one-off event although they may persist until they catch you at home. In any event, read this - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

QUICK UPDATE-

Received a letter saying that my account is being passed to a local DCA. Does this mean I will have to send them a CCA letter?

Hi Grouper,

Who has said the debt is being passed to a local DCA. Sounds like another threat of a home visit which you can pretty much ignore.

If you've already sent off a CCA request to BC, ignore any other letters from DCA's. If you want to respond to a DCA, simply tell them you are awaiting a response to your formal CCA request.

You didn't say if there are penalty charges on the a/c.

:)

Edited by slick132
typo

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

The clue here is in your first post!

You are £150 over your limit. If you don't have all your statements, send the SAR to get all the charges on the account. With Compound interest and Stat 8%, you'll get most of what you owe wiped off.

Jogs