• Tweets

• This is what I do not understand It was for a data sim card where EE took £20 in advance for 20gb of data each month on a month by month rolling contract and once I had used the data it would switch off so impossible to use any more than I had already paid for. If I wanted to carry on using it i would have to log on and pay another £20.   I used the service for a few months and then did not renew the contract and heard no more    My bank account was used for ID purposes only and was my main bank account with all my wages and d/d and held for 7 years plus, no insurance was taken out and no other accounts opened.   This is my point EE have listed this and has no connected with the data they have entered        
    • I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
stugga

4 month old Boy , Contracted Bacterial Menigitis following routine Vacination

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3673 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

One of my family members children, a 4 month old boy wend for his MMR Vaccine last Tuesday, on wednesday he was beginning to feel unwell and on thursday was admitted to hospital and my family member was told he had contracted Bacterial Meningitis.

After giving the child anti biotics at the weekend the family member was told he was to go for an MRI scan at 9am on monday to see if the menigitis had infected the childs brain.

Monday morning arrives only for a doctor to arrive and to say that there is no space for an MRI today (monday) and that they would have to do it on tuesday afternoon.

My 1st point is shouldn't this child be a priority.

The area around the left thigh is massivly infected and the doctors have confirmed that this has occured as a direct result of the Vaccination.

The little one has no use of this leg at the moment and is due to be opereated on today.

I have told said family member to take note of everything, whilst there is no argument that the hospital are not treatng him as best as possible.

When he does recover should my family member seek legal advice as the meningitis has been given to the child at the doctors surgery and the evidence is there to back this up.

Whilst I sympathise with your family's plight, I think you may be barking up the wrong tree.

What makes you think that there is a link between the MMR and the meningitis? Bacterial meningitis is spread by close contact with the nose or throat discharges from an infected person. OTOH, MMR is a vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella, so I don't understand where the 2 being linked comes from.

The area around the thigh being infected is a different matter, it happens in some children and whilst this will be linked to the injection, that has nothing to do with meningitis, it is quite simply an infection, which does get fairly standard treatment, and should get resolved fairly easily. The meningitis (with the possible risk of septicaemia it involves) may jeopardise that, but I think you may be approaching this from the wrong angle so to speak, as in the meningitis may prevent the infection from healing properly or timely, but the injection wouldn't have caused the meningitis.

Meningitis incubation period is between 2 and 10 days so again the timing between injection and symptoms 1st appearing doesn't seem to tally with blaming the surgery for the meningitis infection, IMO.

Hi stugga,

I have just read your account of a poorly 4 month old boy following his MMR vaccine.

I hope I can offer some help for your questions.

You say that his thigh was the site for the vaccine and it sounds as though he has developed a localised cellulitis type infection (hot, swollen skin,very painful to touch) which will respond well to antibiotics and simple painkillers such as paracetamol and Ibuprofen.

You also state that he has started antibiotics for meningitis. This is THE MOST IMPORTANT action a doctor can take on the suspition of meningitis, whether eventually proven or not.

Proof of a meningitis infection will be diagnosed with the test called an LP, where a needle is inserted into the back and a very small amount of the cerebrospinal fluid is drawn off and sent to the lab. to be incubated, to see what grows. This will then enable the doctors to target the specific infection with the specific antibiotic.

Did the child have this test done?

It is not always done as the child may not tolerate the procedure or the child is too ill. The antibiotics are the most improtant treatment.

What were the reasons for the MRI scan?

An MRI of the childs brain will not diagnose meningitis. It is not the first test done.

An MRI will show up any severe swelling of the brain caused by an infection which can be treated.

A child with swelling of the brain may present with a very high pitched cry, become excessively irritable or even start fitting, or have problems with the pupil reactions of their eyes.

A child with meningitis will be miserable, hate bright lights, run a fever, and will not feel like eating and drinking. These symptoms will be treated as they arise with paracetamol to reduce a temperature, and fluids to stop the child dehydrating.

Antibiotics are THE most important treatment.

I hope his condition is now improving and he is getting better.

Wishing him a speedy recovery,

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Yep, the poor klittle fella has had a LP Last thursday and again on sunday,

he has just come out of theatre today to remove excess fluid from the bone in the thigh.

They have now inserted a canular unto the top of his head to pass the anibiotics through, previously been through both wrists and feet.

The doctors have told my family member that the menigitis has 99% came from the injection and that the meningitis is not contagious.

This being the case the original diognosis of the strain may have been incorrect.

Hi stugga,

he sounds like he has been a poorly boy but is now on the road to recovery with the right treatment.

He has a long way to go but I wish him a full recovery soon.

Good luck

Night Owl x

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Bacterial meningitis is contagious; it is a notifiable disease and all persons whom have been in close contact over periods of time with a person who has contracted it should be contacted by the public health department. They should be given antibiotics if they are deemed to be at risk of contracting it from the infected person. The antibiotics are horrid - they turn your tears orange and your urine orange.

The virus which cause viral meningitis can also be passed on but a person who contracts the virus from another is highly unlikely to develop viral meningitis though it can happen. Public heath do not generally get involved in cases of viral meningitis.

Research by the meningitis research foundation shows that the MMR vaccine prevents some forms of meningitis:

Meningitis research foundation

It has been shown however that the MMR can cause encephalitis. This is inflammation of the brain itself. Meningitis is characterized by inflammation of the meninges which are the tisues which surround the brain and the spinal cord. Meningitis is commonly misdiagnosed as encephalitis, as the symptoms can be very similar. If meningitis is suspected, it is treated immediately because of how long it can take to grow a culture from the Lumbar Puncture to diagnose it. A blood test can also be performed to diagnose meningitis though this is not as good as an LP. For encephalitis, a computerised tomography scan or a lumbar puncture can be done in order to test for a diagnosis.

Now, if the MMR did cause encephalitis there would be little legal recourse because the decision on whether or not the child has the vaccine lies with the person who has parental rights, in this case the parent and the risks are publicised.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

they are going to investigate as to weather it was the vaccine or poor hygene .

ne way heres hoping the little ones ok

While I read this story and feel very much for the young child and the family I wanted to say one thing......

MMR vaccinations are not given to 4 month old babies, it is firstly given at approximately 13 months and then repeated at about 3 1/2 years of age.

At 4 months a baby would be having their multiple infant vaccinations comprising of Tetanus, Pertussis, Diptheria, Meningitis C, HIB (Haemophilus influenzae type b) and Polio. Sometimes this is given as 2 injections - one into each thigh - but sometimes just one injection into one thigh.

While this may seem to be nitpicking it does make a difference as people googling MMR problems will get a link to this thread and it could cause added unnecessary concerns.

Sorry once again for jumping in on this thread but, as a children's nurse, I felt it was important that the correct immunisation was identified so as not to mislead people who google potential problems with MMR vaccines.

Feebee_71

Quite right, Feebee, as a parent of a child with autism, I know exactly what you mean, having battled endlessly against the damage caused by the media and MISTER Wakefield (I highlight the Mister since he has at last and quite rightly been struck off!).

Stugga, any news?

Well spotted Feebee.

Got Debt problems?

I must admit I totally overlooked the age of the child. Good spot, Feebee!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)