Jobcentre ADF Fund

clipper1971

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI There,

Was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me.

I Have been offered work as a Taxi Driver aslong as i get my license

I have been unemployed for 6 months + and have been advised about the ADF from the Jobcentre.

Popped in there today with regards to funds available to get my license, and the system was "Down".

Iwas wondering if the Jobcentre ADF would pay for my Medical Assesment which is necessary.

The Application fee and the CRB check.

I Have an appointment with the Dr tomorrow, but can't afford to pay the money up front unless i am sure that i will be able to claim it back from the Jobcentre.

Thanx for any answers/advice offered

Regards

Andy

As the ADF is discretionary, nobody can provide you with a definitive answer as to whether this would be paid for.

I have some guidance on the ADF. Hopefully you will find this helpful.

1_Establish Entitlement v2.1.doc

2_Processing ADF_v1.9.doc

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Erika is correct in that ADF is discretionary.

In our area the budget has been cut drastically, there is now a limit of £100, and has to be authorised by the manager.

Erika's entitlement document is a very good guideline, but things are changing on a daily basis, for instance LEP no longer exists, and most Jobcentres now have a monthly budget for ADF

In my area - at least as of the end of last year - it went to a maximum of £300. NorthernMonk, it's sad to see a cap at £100 as - in todays terms - that's not necessarily a significant enough sum to make a real difference.

Best wishes

Rae