Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received this letter today out of the blue. My first thoughts were great, more trouble for me.

I did not receive a ticket on my car at the time and this notice came as a shock. Initially I thought it was a speeding ticket but luckily it's not.

Anyways, if I have no choice to pay then I will but wanted any opinions from anyone before I do. Any advice or help will be appreciated and thanks in advance

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/sophiak_bucket/Picture006.jpg

Thanks borisbeaver & green and mean, I assume that the date served would be the 3 July 10 where I committed this unforgivable offence?

I cannot see anywhere in the 4 pages they sent me of crap a date served reference either. Obviously to save myself of being hanged or being flogged naked in public by committing this offence £50 is a lot money to give away for such a minor mistake. I was sitting in the my car when this happened and did not leave for a second.

The thought of appealing alone makes me want to go in to a coma as it takes so long and how many get successful results. I have got enough on my plate at the mo otherwise I would love to have challenged this, and was hoping if this PCN is not all above board then maybe some of the experts could give me some advice.

thanks for pointing this out about the date served guys, I will have a good look at the rest of the crap they sent

Just noticed the first line reads "The PCN is being served by post on the basis of a record produced by an approved device" The envelope is dated the 13/07/10 and so is the letter.

Could that be the date the PCN was served?

NO. Served is pushed through your letter box. date of posting is quote different. when you order a meal in restaurant is it served to you in the same second you place your order ?

NO. Served is pushed through your letter box. date of posting is quote different. when you order a meal in restaurant is it served to you in the same second you place your order ?

Thanks lamma, please could you advise on what I should do in response to this letter please as I really do not have a clue. I know the normal tickets you get on your car in the yellow packets, as I have had enough in my younger days but this notice is over my head.

They have fettered the without consent grounds by restricting it to theft. as it was issued by a camera there will not have been a PCN stick on the car. this is a 'Regulation 10' PCN so it also serves as the NTO so any appeal of the formal appeal to the NTO. the date served is the date you got it, there can be no confusion there and they haven't fallen into the trap of trying to predict the dates. were you loading ? what do the signs and lines look like there ?

Thanks lamma, to be honest i do not have any idea what the signs and lines look like as I was waiting for a friend who popped in to a shop.

All I was doing was waiting in my car as it was only for a minute or two and did not look around for any signs, stupid I know but really that is what happened. Had I saw a sign I would not have parked there but genuinely thought no harm would be done by waiting for a few minutes.

Envelope and letter are dated the 13 July 10 so that is the date served, and I received it yesterday the 14 July 10. So I have 14 days to pay a reduced amount of £50.

If I appeal I can't say it was not me as they took a photo of my car, and if I say it was a mistake they would say tuff you should have saw the signs.

What do you suggest I should do please lamma?

if you say it was a mistake then you admit it. fight or pay is your decision not mine. see if anyone else comes up with any appeal points before the discount period expires. pics of the signs and lines would help in case they are flawed.

Envelope and letter are dated the 13 July 10 so that is the date served, and I received it yesterday the 14 July 10. So I have 14 days to pay a reduced amount of £50.

No, the date served is the 14th July; when you got it.