Fiddling with doorstep template. Bit of input please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Trying for a combination of template 4 and admin charges.

What I have so far, I know what I want to say but it just doesn't scan right suggestions tweaks welcome.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

As you are well aware from previous correspondence this matter is in dispute. I have yet to recieve the requested consumer credit agreement which you were obligated to supply upon receipt of the statuatory £1 fee. The fact that you chose to return the postal order uncashed does not release you from your obligations under the law.

I require you to cease harrassing me while this dispute is outstanding. An administration charge of £25 will be applicable for each further item of correspondence with yourselves

???????

Adjusted, bit better I think.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Ref xxxx

As you are well aware from previous correspondence this matter is in dispute. I have yet to recieve the requested consumer credit agreement which you were obligated to supply upon receipt of the statuatory £1 fee. The fact that you chose to return the postal order uncashed does not release you from your obligations under the law.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I require you to cease harrassing me while this dispute is outstanding. An administration charge of £25 will be applicable for each further item of correspondence with yourselves.

As you seem to be unable to comply with my request for the above mentioned cca I require you to cease processing my data and futhermore cease any attempt to contact me either by telephone or by post until a true copy of the requested item can be supplied.

All further correspondence will incur the above mentioned £25 fee.

My suggestions:

By Royal Mail Recorded Delivery

xx/xx/xx

Dear Sir/Madam,

Account Ref: xxxx

As you will be aware from previous correspondence, I now consider the above account to be in dispute.

I have yet to recieve the requested Consumer Credit Agreement which I requested in my letter of xx/xx/xx, sent by Royal Mail Recorded delivery and signed for/accepted by your staff on xx/xx/xx.

You were obliged to supply this upon request and receipt of the statuatory £1 fee, within the timescale proscribed, which you failed to do.

The fact that you chose to return the postal order uncashed does not release you from your obligations under the law.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore, please take note that I hereby revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I require you to cease any and all contact with me while this account is in dispute unless you wish to supply me with a true copy of the CCA, requested in my letter of xx/xx/xx. Failing this, I will apply an administration charge of £25 for each further item of correspondence with you or your representatives.

As you seem unable or unwilling to comply with my request for the above mentioned CCA, I require you to cease processing my data and futhermore cease any attempt to contact me either by telephone or by post until a true copy of the requested CCA can be supplied.

Yours faithfully,

PRINTED NAME

Edited by Halibutt
  • Haha 1

Thanks Halibutt, robbers way just resurfaced after a hiatus. They've given up phoning after I finally cracked and explained that all the time they were on hold waiting for me was just to give some other poor sod a bit of peace and quiet.

Couple of very minor adjustments. This is what I'm going to send.

Anything else that should go in? References to oft etc?

xx/xx/xx

Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to your letter of xx/xx/xx

As you will be aware from previous correspondence, I now consider the above account to be in dispute.

I have yet to recieve the requested Consumer Credit Agreement which I requested in my letter of xx/xx/xx, sent by Royal Mail Recorded delivery and signed for/accepted by your staff on xx/xx/xx.

You were obliged to supply this upon request and receipt of the statuatory £1 fee, within the timescale proscribed, which you failed to do.

The fact that you chose to return the postal order uncashed does not release you from your obligations under the law.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore, please take note that I hereby revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I require you to cease any and all contact with me while this account is in dispute unless you wish to supply me with a true copy of the original CCA, requested in my letter of xx/xx/xx. Failing this, I will apply an administration charge of £25 for each further item of correspondence with you or your representatives, please note that telephone calls will be considered correspondence and will be recorded and a date/time log kept.

As you seem unable or unwilling to comply with my request for the above mentioned CCA, I require you to cease processing my data and futhermore cease any attempt to contact me either by telephone or by post until a true copy of the requested CCA can be supplied.

Yours faithfully,

PRINTED NAME

Edited by jocko
line space

I've put in red text what I would include .

---

xx/xx/xx

Dear Sir/Madam,

As you will be aware from previous correspondence,(insert the date of the correspondence so as there can be no doubt..) I now consider the above account to be in dispute.

You were obliged to supply this upon request and receipt of the statuatory £1 fee, within the timescale prescribed, which you failed to do.

The fact that you chose to return the postal order uncashed does not release you from your obligations under the law.(what law? You should perhaps quote the given act/law?)

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules (I am not so sure it's a rule but more of a guideline), you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

I require you to cease any and all contact with me while this account is in dispute unless you wish to supply me with a true copy of the original CCA, requested in my letter of xx/xx/xx. Failing this, I will apply an administration charge of £25 for each further item of correspondence with you or your representatives, please note that telephone calls will be considered correspondence and will be recorded and a date/time log kept.

Yours faithfully,

PRINTED NAME

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Thanks Deb, I'll do a bit of digging on those points unless someone can advise me off the top of their head.

Personally I was quite looking forward to a door step visit but the missus said no so I'm going this route.

Wonder if their doorsteppers have ever run into an angry Scottish biker with a flair for off the cuff random insults.:D

Jocko, I take it your in England.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Personally I was quite looking forward to a door step visit but the missus said no so I'm going this route.

Wonder if their doorsteppers have ever run into an angry Scottish biker with a flair for off the cuff random insults.:D

I'm on medication at the moment and have undergone anger management sessions.

If a DCA had turned up on my doorstep a couple of years ago... an English ex-squaddie with a penchant for hitting doorsteppers repeatedly...

I'm calm now and I fully support the idea of "Stay calm, polite, etc."

Best of luck mate.

Give us a shout if you want rescued :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

There is another templater letter for dealing with doorstep visits, quite short.

xx/xx/xx

Dear Sir/Madam

You have made it known of your intentions to visit my property...

**** off!

Yours

Deb T

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Deb T

Thats not very ladylike:D

There is another templater letter for dealing with doorstep visits, quite short.

xx/xx/xx

Dear Sir/Madam

You have made it known of your intentions to visit my property...

**** off!

Yours

Deb T

I've put in red text what I would include .

---

xx/xx/xx

Dear Sir/Madam,

As you will be aware from previous correspondence,(insert the date of the correspondence so as there can be no doubt..) I now consider the above account to be in dispute.

You were obliged to supply this upon request and receipt of the statuatory £1 fee, within the timescale prescribed, which you failed to do.

The fact that you chose to return the postal order uncashed does not release you from your obligations under the law.(what law? You should perhaps quote the given act/law?) Section 77 (loans) Section 78 (cards) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules (I am not so sure it's a rule but more of a guideline), you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

OFT Debt Collection Guidelines

Yours faithfully,

PRINTED NAME

Elsa x

Thanks Elsa that just about dots all the i's and crosses the t's.

I'd note that I would not use violence in any way against a doorstepper. Nasty vicious insults without resorting to bad language seem much more effective in raising blood pressure.

That's one of the techniques I used against the phone trogs. I'd spend 5 minutes politely going hmmm, yes, of course. Then in exactly the same polite tone of voice come out with the grossest comment I could think off.

There would be a moment of unbelieving silence then "WHAT DID YOU SAY"

I'd reply, Sorry did I say that out loud? then put the phone down:D

Hi Jocko

It might be an idea to print out the letter, stick it in an envelope,

keep it by the door, just incase he/she turns up at your door.

All you need to do is hand it over.:D

Thats what I have done because they just ignored my request.

Me and Barclaycard and their agents have become good pen-pals.Lol.

If I hear of any of my friends/neighbours getting stressed over this sort of thing I will be offering my services foc to send the parasites packing

Checking my white knight gear----nope got none of that.

Recheck

Armoured black leathers

Heavy boots

Attitude problem

Some knowledge of the law

Nasty sense of humour

Automatically takes side of underdog when it kicks off.

Check

Well said Jocko!

I have just sent this, exact wording, no changes;

READ THIS CAREFULLY

Dear Chancers,

I refer to your letter ref:**** and respond as follows;

Anyone visiting the above property uninvited will be removed in under 15 seconds with whatever force necessary.

Should an incident arise as a result of your proposed intimidatory action both the police and ambulance service may be called to further assist your employee/agent.

Yours,

R

It does'nt matter because they wont read it anyway!