Meritforce/GE Capital (First National Tricity Finance)/Aktiv Kapital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,I have been contacted by the above who I have never heard of.

Is Meritforce doorstep collection agents a part of Mackenzie Hall Ltd?

Letter headed.

Pursuers: Aktiv Kapital

Original Creditor: GE Capital (First National Tricity Finance)

This debt is well over 6 years old could be more.

AUTHORISED COLLECTOR VISIT.

The letter reads as follows:

Due to non-payment of the above we have been instucted by Mackenzie Hall Ltd to collect this debt on their behalf.

An authorised collector will make a visit to your property within the next 10 days.

Should our collector inform us that no positive commitment towards clearing the debt has taken place,your account will be returned to this office and formal proceedings may be considered.

If you do not want our collector to call and would rather arrange settlement,you must contact our clients Mackenzie Hall Ltd on xxxxxxxx asking for Robert Taylor before the 16th July.

Should you fail to make a payment and action is taken, additional costs may be added to your debt.

We look forward to hearing from you.No more reminders will be sent.

Any advice please,do I ignore or respond. I have never sent a CCA letter re this account.:mad:

Hi all,I have been contacted by the above who I have never heard of.

Is Meritforce doorstep collection agents a part of Mackenzie Hall Ltd? Yes. Mackenzie Hall took Meritforce over in 2007.

Letter headed.

Pursuers: Aktiv Kapital

Original Creditor: GE Capital (First National Tricity Finance)

This debt is well over 6 years old could be more. Then it's statute barred, and the statute barred letter from the Templates Library applies. Get into no discussion or mediation with them - there is nothing to discuss.

AUTHORISED COLLECTOR VISIT. Authorised by who? Certainly not by yourself!

The letter reads as follows:

Due to non-payment of the above we have been instucted by Mackenzie Hall Ltd to collect this debt on their behalf.

An authorised collector will make a visit to your property within the next 10 days. No he won't. 'Tort of trespass' also applies.

Should our collector inform us that no positive commitment towards clearing the debt has taken place,your account will be returned to this office and formal proceedings may be considered. No he won't, because he'll never visit with your permission - put the account where you want, there is no longer any obligation for it to be paid - formal proceedings won't get past first base, because it's statute barred.

If you do not want our collector to call and would rather arrange settlement,you must contact our clients Mackenzie Hall Ltd on xxxxxxxx asking for Robert Taylor before the 16th July. You could ignore them completely, which is another option you could take.

Should you fail to make a payment and action is taken, additional costs may be added to your debt. No they won't.

We look forward to hearing from you. Well, they're going to be disappointed.

No more reminders will be sent. Pity.

Any advice please,do I ignore or respond. I have never sent a CCA letter re this account.:mad:

You could either ignore or respond.

CCA letter first may be an idea, just to see what they come back with. However, do not sign your letter, but if you do, ensure your signature is changed sufficiently for you to identify if they try a cut-and-paste job on you. Just to annoy them, it may be worth doing this.

However, knowing MH as well as I do, there is little to no chance a CCA request will be fulfilled, so if you want to save time, the statute barred letter may be a better bet - if you're absolutely sure there has been no written acknowledgement of debt, or payment in a six year period (5 years if you're in Scotland).

You could either ignore or respond.

CCA letter first may be an idea, just to see what they come back with. However, do not sign your letter, but if you do, ensure your signature is changed sufficiently for you to identify if they try a cut-and-paste job on you. Just to annoy them, it may be worth doing this.

However, knowing MH as well as I do, there is little to no chance a CCA request will be fulfilled, so if you want to save time, the statute barred letter may be a better bet - if you're absolutely sure there has been no written acknowledgement of debt, or payment in a six year period (5 years if you're in Scotland).

Hi thanks for your reply, I am going to firstly send the CCA letter and see what happens then I will take it from there and try to upset them a bit.

You would be better to send them the statute barred letter by recorded, with paragraphs added about not authorising any doorstep collectors call.

Sending the CCA, I would think would not be worth it, as it will just go ignored.

My experience of MH from dealing with a relatives case, is that once you have sent them a recorded delivery letter stating that this is getting them nowhere and they should refer back to the current assignees/owners of the debt i.e. Aktiv Kapitol, they will do this and write back you, confirming this. Once MH realise that you know the debt is SB'd and do not want to come to any arrangement, per OFT guidelines, they should stop all communications to you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No point in giving Muck Hall a quid for the CCA which they wont even produce anyway. Send them the Stat Barred letter along with the do not darken my doorstep letter. Ignore any other begging letters from them

No point in giving Muck Hall a quid for the CCA which they wont even produce anyway. Send them the Stat Barred letter along with the do not darken my doorstep letter. Ignore any other begging letters from them

Hi ODC, I have decided to ignore the letter completely.I was being pestered by Aktiv Kapital for a while but as I did not respond to any of there letters they have now got these people involved hoping it will make me respond.:-D

Meritforce will send one of their doorstep collection team around. Not that they can do anything. Just if you get into any conversation, could be embarassing, if over heard by neighbours.

MH sent Meritforce to my address regarding a debt owed by someone who had never lived at my address. These people are self employed, often don't live in the area, so get a bit p**d off when they have made a wasted journey.

Best option is to send the statute barred letter by recorded, with the addition of not authorising doorstep collection. You have it on record then and if necessary can use this, if you need to take your complaint further.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Meritforce will send one of their doorstep collection team around. Not that they can do anything. Just if you get into any conversation, could be embarassing, if over heard by neighbours.

MH sent Meritforce to my address regarding a debt owed by someone who had never lived at my address. These people are self employed, often don't live in the area, so get a bit p**d off when they have made a wasted journey.

Best option is to send the statute barred letter by recorded, with the addition of not authorising doorstep collection. You have it on record then and if necessary can use this, if you need to take your complaint further.

Hi, thanks for your reply and advice.I do not think that a Statute Barred letter will be of any use as I think I was still paying this debt until we moved 3 years ago at a rate of £1 a month.

With Meritfarce aka Muck Hall thats as good a policy as any. Muck Hall get bored and crawl back under their stone. Meritfarce do make visits but if you are happy enough to deal with them then let things sit

Please please report this blatant breach of OFT guidelines to the OFT and to East Ayrshire Trading Standards, a Mr Alan Stewart is dealing with Mucky Hall and any evidence should be sent to him directly. He is very good at stopping them, pity he cant get them closed down completely.

If the OP does not inform the Kilmarnock Cowboys that the alleged date is Stat Barred then he cant really complain to TS that they are breaching the OFT Guidelines

If the OP does not inform the Kilmarnock Cowboys that the alleged date is Stat Barred then he cant really complain to TS that they are breaching the OFT Guidelines

Thanks for all your replies ODC,in your opinion should I send a statute barred letter and see what happens.I am getting a bit confused at what is the best route to take in this case.:mad:

I got the same letter, Im looking forward to good old Robert Taylor paying me a visit, he will enjoy meeting bulldozer, just hope bulldozer likes him, tends not to like trespassers

I'm in the process of ignoring meritforce's 4th letter all of which have been exactly the same so so much for "no further reminders will be sent"

I have never recieved a visit yet which is quite disappointing as they would get no change from me.

I have never sent them any replies as i like them wasting money on me and aren't bothered about the "authorised collector" threat

I think we both well know my alledged debt is well statute barred.

I'm in the process of ignoring meritforce's 4th letter all of which have been exactly the same so so much for "no further reminders will be sent"

I have never recieved a visit yet which is quite disappointing as they would get no change from me.

I have never sent them any replies as i like them wasting money on me and aren't bothered about the "authorised collector" threat

I think we both well know my alledged debt is well statute barred.

Like you ratboy im really disappointed that they never turn up.

In the letter it says ask for Jonathan Kerr but the signature looks nothing like that, too many letters in surname for starters. It used to be Craig Bryant, whats happened to him??

"If you do not want our collector to call and would rather arrange settlement blah blah blah"

Tricky one that, the choices as i see it are pay these lowlife £400 or tell some clown who may possibly knock on the door to f*** right off

think i'll go for option b

• 3 weeks later...

After four letters with the empty threat of an authorised collector visit from meritforce they must have got bored as the latest letter is from mackenzie hall again. This one is a "FINAL OFFER - IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED" Deadline for further action; 7days" with scary red capital print too. This is a TIME BARRED OFFER and if payment is not recieved in their office by yesterday (15/8) then further action which could well be another red letter to ignore. On the bottom of the letter is a standing order mandate to take money from my account, i think not but may well use their bank account details for the next time i have a nigerian email to update my account details.

Get hold of Alan Stewart at East Ayrshire Trading Standards, he can help deal with the rainforest devestation this lot are causing.

Basically their TIME BARRED letters are a blatant breach of OFT guidelines and need to be reported to them too, especially if they are sent second class courier service and arrive five days after they have been dated.....