style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I desperately need help as we seem to be going round in circles. I will start from the beginning to give a clear picture. Sorry if its a bit long winded as this is my first post and I am not sure where to begin.

Last June I travelled to London twice over 3 days paid the CC. Sometime later I recieved a PCN ( for the day in between that I didn't go )that I disputed. I later recieved a letter saying I was out of time but heard no more.

Then in May this year I recieved a bill from Task Enforcement Ltd for £198 for the outstanding PCN I called explained the situation but to save further costs agreed to pay however as by this point I was unemployed said I couldn't pay in full and would need to pay in instalments. They asked I put it in writing so I did offering £5/week.

It was refused they said it had to be £20/week. I called and said I simply couldn't afford this and they told me a Warrant Officer would call round to discuss. I asked if this was to arrest and they said No he will be able to negotiate with you.

The next thing was two men arriving at my home at 6am demanding £564 from my wife - I was not home.

She explained that we had written etc and was told it was not their problem, they had clamped my van which is clearly sign written as a trades vehicle and she had until 9am to use a card or borrow the money or they would return to remove the van.

My wife went on to borrow £200 and called the Task Enforcement office to say she had the money they refused and said she would need to find a solution to pay £564 the bailiffs required and gave her the mobile number and name of the person in charge of the case. She called and it was the bailiff who had visited, she offered him the £200 and he refused saying he didn't mess about with instalments. She asked how when just the week before she had been trying to negotiate repaying the £198 how it had jumped to this and was told it was letters and court costs she said we hadnt been to court or had letters and he laughed saying not my problem darling

During this time the clamp was removed and I removed my van to a safe place. Later during that morning the bailiff called me and told me I was to be arrested for theft of a Motor vehicle that I no longer owned as it belonged to him and that as the van was sign written to f@@@ as soon as he or his mates see it they were taking it.

The following morning at 6am I was arrested for criminal damage of a wheel clamp. I was held for 12hrs and have since been charged with theft of a wheel clamp and have been to court and now have to return in December.

As a result of this charge I have found that the wheel clamp I have allegedly stolen belongs to a bailiff registered to a different company who I believe has no connection with my case?

I am not sure what to do next, I have since had offers of work which are reliant on me using a van yet cannot take them as I have been warned they will take it as soon as it is seen. The van is now owned by someone else but I can have use of it.

Any advice would be great Thank You.

I am no expert and I can only post a very quick reply(for now):

-first of all your van (used for employment) is exempt from being seized.

-secondly you must get a written breakdown of all costs

-thirdly, try to engage only in written communication rather than verbal (unless you also record the telephone conversations). this way it is not your word against theirs.

-fourthly, you must continue using your van for work purposes as it is exempt and you need it to earn money and therefore pay the pcn

hope this helps for now

HB

PS if you have email, I suggest you communicate by email with them as this will involve faster response times. You absolutely MUST get a breakdown of their costs. When I had my run in with the bailiffs I didnt get these and ended up paying way more than I should have. Now I am in the process of trying to get these payments back.

pps who did remove the clamp. Do you know?

You need to also write to Task Enforcement Ltd and ask them for the evidence they have to prove you were in London on each of the 3 days.

They are obliged to show you this evidence. if they refuse you can send a subject access request letter with a cheque payment of £10. They will then have to send you all the information they hold on you. If, as you say, you werent in London on the disputed day then they wont be able to prove that you were. The fine (and associated costs) will be cancelled.

Hi I desperately need help as we seem to be going round in circles. I will start from the beginning to give a clear picture. Sorry if its a bit long winded as this is my first post and I am not sure where to begin.

Last June I travelled to London twice over 3 days paid the CC. Sometime later I recieved a PCN ( for the day in between that I didn't go )that I disputed. I later recieved a letter saying I was out of time but heard no more.

Then in May this year I recieved a bill from Task Enforcement Ltd for £198 for the outstanding PCN I called explained the situation but to save further costs agreed to pay however as by this point I was unemployed said I couldn't pay in full and would need to pay in instalments. They asked I put it in writing so I did offering £5/week.

It was refused they said it had to be £20/week. I called and said I simply couldn't afford this and they told me a Warrant Officer would call round to discuss. I asked if this was to arrest and they said No he will be able to negotiate with you.

The next thing was two men arriving at my home at 6am demanding £564 from my wife - I was not home.

She explained that we had written etc and was told it was not their problem, they had clamped my van which is clearly sign written as a trades vehicle and she had until 9am to use a card or borrow the money or they would return to remove the van.

My wife went on to borrow £200 and called the Task Enforcement office to say she had the money they refused and said she would need to find a solution to pay £564 the bailiffs required and gave her the mobile number and name of the person in charge of the case. She called and it was the bailiff who had visited, she offered him the £200 and he refused saying he didn't mess about with instalments. She asked how when just the week before she had been trying to negotiate repaying the £198 how it had jumped to this and was told it was letters and court costs she said we hadnt been to court or had letters and he laughed saying not my problem darling

During this time the clamp was removed and I removed my van to a safe place. Later during that morning the bailiff called me and told me I was to be arrested for theft of a Motor vehicle that I no longer owned as it belonged to him and that as the van was sign written to f@@@ as soon as he or his mates see it they were taking it.

The following morning at 6am I was arrested for criminal damage of a wheel clamp. I was held for 12hrs and have since been charged with theft of a wheel clamp and have been to court and now have to return in December.

As a result of this charge I have found that the wheel clamp I have allegedly stolen belongs to a bailiff registered to a different company who I believe has no connection with my case?

I am not sure what to do next, I have since had offers of work which are reliant on me using a van yet cannot take them as I have been warned they will take it as soon as it is seen. The van is now owned by someone else but I can have use of it.

Any advice would be great Thank You.

This is awful.

Does this involve a PCN issued by Transport for London? If so, are they aware of the proceedings that have been issued against you ?

Were you provided with a Notice of Seizure of Goods & Inventory?

Have you seen a copy of the Warrant of Execution. This is VITALLY important.

[EDIT]. we very rarely recieve complaints about this company and I am surprised that they allowed one of their bailiffs to clamp a vehicle that had signage.

Have Task addressed the matter of the bailiff being certificated to work for another company? Task will be aware that the Distress for Rent Rules 1988 specifically provide that "if there is ANY change to the bailiffs certificate (address etc), then he will WITHOUT DELAY advise the Court and apply to have his certificate changed.

Have you asked Task to provide a copy of the Bailiff's Bond??

It was not a bailiff that removed the wheel clamp we also have know paper from the baillifs my wife is helping me deal with this i have another pe2 form but i don't think i have completed it in the right way it is a PCN from TFL

It was not a bailiff that removed the wheel clamp we also have know paper from the baillifs my wife is helping me deal with this i have another pe2 form but i don't think i have completed it in the right way it is a PCN from TFL

You need to complete a pe2 and pe3 and send them to

Tec

Northampton county court bulk center

st Katharines house

st Katharines street

Northampton

nn1 2lh.

I will attach it to this post.

OUTOFTIME.pdf

So whats cooking today ?

• 4 months later...
Tomtubby I have tried to send you pm can you please contact me if you see this I am due in court tomorrow morning :(

I have just checked but there have been no messages from you for the past 5 months. I have sent you a message.

What is the hearing for tomorrow?