advice please WF car loan and reclaiming

winston73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

i need advice about a car loan i took out with welcome back in feb. 2008,

its over a 48 month period and i am up to date with my repayments.

I am paying back twice the amount of credit for the goods:-x

have noticed that there are added amounts for ppi,

credit for the insurances,

cash price for insurance,

fees etc,

for large amounts that are on my credit agreement( not original agreement) that bothers me.

i want to end this debt although i dont want to surrender the car,

any advice please.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It may be worth you sending a CCA request and Subject access requestlink3.giflink3.giflink8.gif to have a look a what Welcome have been doing to your account.

CCA should be returned to you within 14 days and Subject access requestlink3.giflink3.giflink8.gif can take up to 40 days. (included in the Subject access requestlink3.giflink8.gif should be all info regarding your account including statements which should tell you the information you require regarding charges etc).

The CCA will cost £ 1 (postal order) send recorded delivery.

The Subject access requestlink3.giflink8.gif will cost £ 10 (postal order) send recorded delivery.

When sending these requests do not signlink3.giflink3.giflink8.gif your name just print.

Letter templates below.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...request-letter

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...est-debt-a-dca

Once you recieve your documents post them up on your thread and the more experienced on here will lend a hand.

Send to..

Welcome Finance Compliance Services Mere Way Ruddington Nottingham NG11 6NZ

user_online.gifreputation.gif

Hello again

when i stated not original agreement i mean the copied agreement they send you just after you take out the loan, anyway i'll put some figures on so you can see. i'm sure you know the layout of an agreement.

amount of credit for goods £7995.00

amount of credit for the insurances £2010.98

total amount credit £10005.98

total amount payable for goods £12549.28

total amount payable for insurances £3056.64

total amount payable £15605.92

48 months apr 26.4%

other financial info

payment protection ins £2010.98

acceptance fee £195

finance charges for goods £4259.28

option fee ? £100

charge for credit goods £4554.28

charge for credit for insurance £1045.66

total charge for credit £5599.94

rate of intrest on credit (per annum) £13%

my monthly payments are £323.04

hope this makes it a bit clearer.

also i have 2 policy schedule booklets for credit protection insurance?

help appreciated thanks.

Thanks pwg, do i send a cca and subject access request at the same time?

blank

and dont sign the letter

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

safer if its made payable to someone otherwise it can be cashed by anyone that finds it! I would have it crossed and payable to WFS so only they can cash it and then there is no dispute over who had the money!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i've just trawled through my credit agreement trying to add up my ppi, fees etc and im also trying to work out the rate of interest on credit (13% pa), now is this interest calculated on just credit for goods -£7995 - on the total charge for credit -£5599.94- or the total amount payable which is -£15605.92 ?

I also believe the added interst over the course of the loan will exceed the total amount payable.

Should WF have included this added interest at the start so i would know exactly how much i would be paying back ? so really i am paying more than the agreed amount which is £15605.92 - is this legal ?

Thanks

Hello

I sent off a cca and subject access request a few weeks ago and received only part of the request form, no cca.

The cut off time for the cca has past, this form i need so i can work out what charges they have added so i can reclaim ppi fees etc.

Do i need to send of a failure to comply to them and how long am i expected to wait for a reply ?

Also, my subject request only shows details for the first month, the last two years don't show so i don't know what my balance stands at.

Do i mention this in the failure letter ?

Thanks.

Hello.

Just had a letter from the northern paramilitary wing of welcome finance confirming my direct debit details,

day of month to be debited

date of first collection

bank details

amount to be debited, etc, etc, etc, fine and dandy you may think?

Well no !

First of all i'm in dispute with these clowns over a document they can't seem to find and post to me within the legal timescale.

Secondly, i've been paying these jokers every month for over two years.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right la la la la la la..........

anyway...

Thirdly, note i said DATE OF FIRST COLLECTION at the top, thats right, have they started a new agreement without my say so?

Fourthly, this piece of bog roll is not dated and is from someone called Branch Manager ( strange name ).

fithly, these ball bags politely inform me i have the right to cancel my dd at any time. Really ! talk about locking the stable door

when the happy horse has happily done one !!!!

sixthly, i dont know if i can be arsed to contact these leeches about this matter as........

seventhly, ..........i'm off to the pub with there monthly payment that they wont be getting until i get documents that i asked for.

8th ly, has any other decent person on this forum had a confirmation of direct debit details posted to them half way through

their loan by these prats.

ninthly, any thoughts appreciated.....

Thank you.

You don't know jack ! attitude problem ! just look at the other posts and you'll see its welscum with the attitude.. screwing people for everything they can get their grubby hands on without a thought for the individual concerned.

where's welscums manners when they are phoning and banging on peoples doors all hours, harrasing people at work, terrorising vulnerable people, faking signatures, adding b******t fees and insurances , lying, the list is endless......

As for monies borrowed, i've kept my side of the deal. its a pity you lot can't.

wfs deserve everything thats coming to them !!!!

I suggest you look at all the other posts and see if its just me with the " attitude and manners " problem.

you'll find its welscums own doing..

if they have created a new agreement without you knowledge thats about right for then

i'd cca them, or maybe even sar them, i bet you've got heaps of unlawful charges oyur can reclaim [letter/phone/the cats ill- your fault]

and lots of mis-sold insurances like PPI/GAP/LIFE etc etc

go get 'em.

if you've got the agreements already

scan your sheets/agreements

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thats the problem dx, i don't know what they are doing with my account. I've allready sent for my cca and sar with no cca returned and only part of sar, the last few years there are no details whatsoever so i don't really know whats remaining on my balance.

They send me a letter informing me that they are going to take my first payment.

So who have i been paying for the last couple of years ??

All i want are my details so i can see where i'm at and get this loan payed off and move on !

Thanks.

then cancel your card [tell your bank you have lost it and stop the dd]

that way they will have to show their cards,

dx

and they

Thanks dx.

Unfortunately, i'm letting this months payment go ahead as they are still within the timescale i gave them to produce my documents ( the first request they ignored so i gave them a further 21 days to comply ). If they don't respond after that then its a trip to the bank to cancel my direct debit.

I would appreciate if you could give me a few pointers as what i should do if they don't respond the second time. Other than stopping my money, is a threat of court action against these clowns the right way to go ?

Thanks.

Thanks dx.

Unfortunately, i'm letting this months payment go ahead as they are still within the timescale i gave them to produce my documents ( the first request they ignored so i gave them a further 21 days to comply ). If they don't respond after that then its a trip to the bank to cancel my direct debit.

I would appreciate if you could give me a few pointers as what i should do if they don't respond the second time. Other than stopping my money, is a threat of court action against these clowns the right way to go ?

Thanks.

Please be aware that by stopping payments you will be hounded by them, they will trash your credit history and they will continue to sell on to DCA etc 'Account in dispute' means nothing when dealing with welcome as they dont subscribe to the banking code, so think carefully before with holding payment. I personally woud send a reminder letter as stopping payment wont force them into doing anything, a reminder letter with the threat of the relevant authorities will have more push than not paying as they can then add more and more to you account (which you can sort out at a later date) not paying plays right into their hands. They arent a fan of people going to the FOS as it costs them £500 everytime they have an investigation against them.

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Thankyou beyond.

I have already sent them a reminder letter detailing my options and the threat of going to the relevant authorities and they have a timescale to respond as i've mentioned before, so really i am not going to do anything until then.

however, i have also heard that fos lack backbone and are slow to deal with complaints. Are there other options available to me ?

This is my last loan and i've got about a third to pay, also i have not missed a payment since i took the loan out and all i ask of them is to send my details ( which i've paid for ) to me so i can look at the figures and see if there is anything i can claim back and then offer a settlement so i'm free.

Unfortunatley, these plonkers don't want to play ball and its winding me up !!. I want to be prepared for any hurdle that i'm going to encounter beforehand so i can speed things up and get a result quickly.

Any ideas or options i will take on board.

Thanks.

I'll be honest the FOS arent really interested in contract issues as they feel the courts should deal with those whereas general complaints and PPi they will look at.

All I can suggest at the moment is to wait until your deadline is up (remember the sar has a 40day timeline anyway plus whatever you have allowed them on top) then contact the relevant authorities hell its got to be worth going to fos just for the sake of costing them £500 ;)

Furthermore, they sent me a direct debit confirmation letter stating that they are going to take my first payment at the end of the month.

I'm a little confused by this as i really don't understand why they are doing this ?

Is there a purpose ?

Any ideas please fire them my way.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

...Hello....

....or planned?

I,ve gone back a few posts/threads and noticed that a lot of people who believe that the're entiltled to reclaim their ppi etc., are also up against the finance companies not sending the full/part full documents out.

How do you know what to claim back when the finance companies don't send you all the details ?

A lot of people are in this situation and i think the finance companies do this to un~encourage ( if thats a word ! ) you to persure (if thats another word !! ) you not to follow the claim through.

It's wrong.

They should be sending these docs. out when requested to do so and inline with the law, they are failing to do this most recently.....

...So, is it a coincidence ( as far as WFS are concerned )...

... or planned.

Thanks.