What must be in a CCA reply?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If as part of the response only the lates statement of the Customer's account is included and not a list of the charges and PPI payments, did they comply?

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

From info here and as far as I'm aware, the company that you send the CCA to needs to supply you with a true and complete signed copy of the original agreement, including terms and conditions and copies of any documents to which they refer in the original.

They can also send a "reconstituted" copy of an agreement, but must still include all relevant info/documents - the original will stand up in court, a reconstituted copy won't.

I think that they should also send a list of all payments made to your account, state any interest charges and supply a separate signed document regarding PPI or the CCA is invalid.

Someone more knowledgable will be able to verify this or correct any mistakes.

It should be a copy of the original agreement with all of the T&C's at the time the agreement was taken put plus any variation to those T&C's that have been varied and are now in force.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think that they should also send a list of all payments made to your account, state any interest charges

Normally referred to as a 'Statement of Account' and they MUST send this annually.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They did send the correct credit agreement, t&c's and the rest but only a statement which is the same what they send out each month.

I went through my "Mint" file and spotted something, an age old letter confirming my PPI plan and I remember making payments towards it, which I canceled later. When I looked at my signed application form I left the application boxes for PPI empty and I didn't sign that part! Therefore I didn't apply for PPI, nice from them to just "add" it!!

I want to put the account in dispute while I am getting the PPI payments from them and are looking for a reason.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Is there a template letter for putting an account in dispute?

-----------------

------------------

------------------

If the agreement is enforceable, then putting the account into dispute is going to be very difficult, as for reclaiming the PPI they will use this to offset the total outstanding therby reducing the total amount you owe, which can only be a good thing.

Should they stop any legal action, interest, etc. until the actual outstanding amount are clear?

-----------------

------------------

------------------

Have you come to an agreement with them to pay X amount each week/month and have they agreed to stop applying interest?

As long as you are sticking to the mutually agreed amount then there is very little they can do, certainly would look very foolish if they decided to take you to court.

Normally referred to as a 'Statement of Account'.

Thanks for the info. Here is their response:

MINT picture by jmarais - Photobucket

Actually I need a statement of all the payments over the lifetime of the agreement to see the PPI payments.

My understanding is that their statement is not correct and that they failed to comply by not providing a Statement of Account. Other banks did send this statement, so they think that they have to provide it.

I will send them a letter to that regard by altering the template letter.

-----------------

------------------

------------------