County Court Claim form received - Cabot ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A *Stonking* good Order that one Bo :D give yourself a pat on the back :D

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Thanks guys, think you have the judge to thank for that one - obviously done his homework 8-)

Not counting chickens but may just put the Part 18 off for a while !!

Sorry I'm PMSL here and it's only just gone 6am - where on earth did you get that Avatar Car - love it :lol:

• Haha 1

Thanks guys, think you have the judge to thank for that one - obviously done his homework 8-)

Maybe he's a CAGger... :lol:

Sorry I'm PMSL here and it's only just gone 6am - where on earth did you get that Avatar Car - love it :lol:

I know, I almost pee'd myself when I saw it, and it sums up the Site Team's role very nicely, so I took it as my own.

This is what the Judge will be doing to Cabot in your claim! :violin:

BO, this is excellent news, well done.

Just shows the DJ lottery up again though, we had similar POC, AQ etc etc, and I have a date for mine, hopefully sense will prevail in the end for both if us.

Well done again, this is a good move!

DC.

Received this from the court at the weekend ;-)

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. Unless by XX Oct 2010 the Claimant files full particulars of claim including reference to the original

contract, and if a regulated agreement under the Consumer Credit Act

a) a copy of the agreement

b) a statement of account

c) the default notice

d) documentary evidence of the assignment

The claim will be struck out

2. On compliance by the Claimant with paragraph 1 hereof the Defendant shall send to the Court and to the Claimant

a fully pleaded defence.

3. This Order was issued without a hearing, if you object to this order you have 7 days from the date of service of this

order to apply to set aside, or revoke this order.

Dated XX September 2010

We need to take one step at a time, here, though, as there's no guarantee that the Judge issuing that Order will be the Judge to hear the claim.

Sorry to p on your bonfire, but someone needed to say it before we all get a little too excited.

Now, if you do get that Judge, I'd like to be a fly on the wall, please...

BO, this is excellent news, well done.

Just shows the DJ lottery up again though, we had similar POC, AQ etc etc, and I have a date for mine, hopefully sense will prevail in the end for both if us.

Well done again, this is a good move!

DC.

Thanks DC. I may have got lucky, you never know. I really need to read your thread. Hope that it works out for you though :-)

Hi

Glad you have won with the DJ lottery, l didn't win but l feel happy every time that someone else does,,

Cups

Not necessarily cups but hey, maybe I got lucky for once in my life. Sorry that you didn't win yours. I may have read your thread, can't remember now I've read so many. Will put it on my "to do" list which is never ending LOL

Please send your DJ to my court!!!!

Hey girl I know where he is and if I could send him I would. We need more DJs like him I think! Perhaps I am in the wrong job :!:

We need to take one step at a time, here, though, as there's no guarantee that the Judge issuing that Order will be the Judge to hear the claim.

Sorry to p on your bonfire, but someone needed to say it before we all get a little too excited.

Now, if you do get that Judge, I'd like to be a fly on the wall, please...

Car you can pee on my parade love, the amount of personal crap I have going on at the moment, nothing would surprise me now. As I said, I don't count chickens.....

If I get that judge, you will be there never mind the fly. I'll get you a pint afterwards :lol:

Hi All,

This has been a fascinating read over the past couple of days.

Well done BO and fingers crossed for you.

It is probably irrelevant in this case now, but Morgans statement at post 272 may be useful for others.

They state: '5.2 The Claimant was not required to send Notice of Assignment to the

Defendant by recorded of special delivery. The Notice of Assignment is

sufficiently served for the purposes of Section 196 (3) of the Law of

Property Act 1925, if it delivered to the last known place of abode when

delivered by ordinary post. The Claimant relies upon Kinch v. Bullard

[199e] 1 FLR 66."

My reading of that part of the Act specifically mentions registered post.Nowhere does it mention "ordinary post".

The caselaw they seem to be relying on does not back up what they are saying either.This also does not mention "ordinary post",although to be fair, it does not specifically mention registered post.

Thanks Pabrmu

Lots to update Caggers on.

I've received my SAR back from Cabot on disc (just on the 40 days!). Not gone through it with a fine toothcomb yet but I notice on my account history, a request to Hitachi for the T&Cs. Will have a good read through it.

Also received SAR back from Hitachi - very thin on the paperwork. Something else to go through.

But the biggie is that Morgans/Cabot have now submitted full POCs to the court within the time allowed. They state on their covering letter that there was no legal requirement to serve a Default Notice.

Where to go from here?

But the DJ has requested the DN in his/her Order

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

But the biggie is that Morgans/Cabot have now submitted full POCs to the court within the time allowed. They state on their covering letter that there was no legal requirement to serve a Default Notice.

Where to go from here?

I take it this was for a loan then? I assume that they are claiming no default notice is needed if the loan agreement has come to an end and they are asking for the whole amount which is now classed as arrears... it shouldnt be allowable tho if this was a rolling credit agreement such as a credit card/store card.

S.

But the DJ has requested the DN in his/her Order

Hadituptohere

He did! But they've sent everything they've got to the court including amended POCs. Still no T&Cs though. It will depend on what he thinks of their reply I suppose. They haven't complied with the order though...

I take it this was for a loan then? I assume that they are claiming no default notice is needed if the loan agreement has come to an end and they are asking for the whole amount which is now classed as arrears... it shouldnt be allowable tho if this was a rolling credit agreement such as a credit card/store card.

S.

Yes it was a credit/finance agreement. They make no mention of the DN in the POCs though, they just state that it was not a legal requirement to provide a DN on their covering letter.

Interesting they only quote costs of £1k :lol: IMHO they are trying to cap YOUR costs to 2/3 of theirs when they lose

The 'normal' costs to this point would be over £3k with £3k the quote for going to the hearing

@BO I would seriously consider a Part18 request to clarify the current status of the account.

If it is terminated then when and by whom was it terminated

and if it has not been terminated then who is the current creditor as you wish to see a copy of the current agreement together with all T&Cs.

My thoughts still stand re a Part18 request ....

The account is either

still live - in which case who is the creditor

terminated - in which case when & by whom & where is the DN.

If they reply saying it has 'ended', then there are no arrears, as arrears by their definition are only on an active account .... (you can have 'arrears at termination' but not arrears on a terminated account)

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Yes it was a credit/finance agreement. They make no mention of the DN in the POCs though, they just state that it was not a legal requirement to provide a DN on their covering letter.

How exactly did they put that? was it that there was no reliance on s87 and therefore no need to file a default to the defendant?

S.

Bo can you post up the POC for us all to see? Gh is right another Part 18 is called for. The Judge did specifically ask to see the DN as (I believe from memory) he confirmed if it was a CC regulated agreement.

I'll let Bo post it up but I don't think s87 is even mentioned I think they are using breach of contract.

I'm interested in this, I think they have done the same to me, just compiling a WS now, so want to get all relevant info in.

I have a letter from Morgans saying the DN is not required. Will have to dig out the POC again.

Originally Posted by gh2008

Interesting they only quote costs of £1k IMHO they are trying to cap YOUR costs to 2/3 of theirs when they lose

The 'normal' costs to this point would be over £3k with £3k the quote for going to the hearing

@BO I would seriously consider a Part18 request to clarify the current status of the account.

If it is terminated then when and by whom was it terminated

and if it has not been terminated then who is the current creditor as you wish to see a copy of the current agreement together with all T&Cs.

My thoughts still stand re a Part18 request ....

The account is either

still live - in which case who is the creditor

terminated - in which case when & by whom & where is the DN.

If they reply saying it has 'ended', then there are no arrears, as arrears by their definition are only on an active account .... (you can have 'arrears at termination' but not arrears on a terminated account)

Yes, totally agree gh, Part 18 request in the pipeline ;-)