Chiddock

Best Union for Call Centre workers

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3338 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone help point me in the right direction. I am a sales manager in a call centre and having seen what my colleague is going through has made me feel rather vulnerable. I would like to look into joining a Union but don't know where to start.

any advice would be very welcome - you guys have never let me down in the past :)

Hi Chiddock

The best Union for callcentre workers is the CWU - Communication workers Union.

Check out their website cwu.org, you can join online or find you nearest Branch details to find a Rep.

Regards

OP

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

Thanks OP - I did look at their website but it seemed more geared to big companies rather than individuals. I'll give them a call.

If your place of work is not unionized then you are going to get very poor services from any union. I have been in 2 unions within the last 5 years and both were dreadful. Why not get extra cover on your insurance for legal service which would be far beneficial for you. Also unions are very reluctant to let you have access to any of there solicitors unless they are 70% that they are going to win a case. I was told this recently by the one I am in at present and am going to leave them very soon. After an experience I had with a union rep at a meeting at work I would not now let one of them one of them accompany me to a meetings at work regarding hearing as I know as they would not be acting in my best interest. :mad:

I agree with Allwood most UNIONS are not worth the money they will let you down should you need them. Get legal cover or add this to home or car insurance.

poppycock

for call centre workers use the cwu

have a quite word with your collegues and see how many people in your unit would be willing to join a union and get acceptance in your work place

google the central arbitration comittee

MAY I ASK WHY THESE OLD THREADS ABOUT UNIONS ARE BEING RESURECTED

Also Agree with Allwood, most unions seem to loosing their credability. It seems Ins policy may well be the way to go.