More news on DLA "reassessments"

paulb1310

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The DWP Minister for Disabled People, Maria Miller MP, has reassured Disability Alliance that the ill-performing Work Capability Assessment is not the new ‘medical assessment’ to be used for DLA.

Whilst this is a small relief, DA is concerned that the new test will be used to restrict access to much needed financial support for disabled people and will introduce considerable additional costs to administering this essential disability benefit at a time of financial constraint.

DWP have also confirmed that the medical assessment of current DLA recipients will not – for the foreseeable future – include people over the age of 65 or under 18. The new assessment will be for working age disabled people.

If Ladbrookes will give me the odds, I'll be putting my money on them appointing the 'A'TOSsers as "medical examiners".

Arrgghh.gif

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

I'm curious to see how using ATOS, at considerable cost, can continue to be a viable option for the future. My [probably bizarre] train of thought is this: If the government believe that GPs are now trustworthy and professional enough to handle large chunks of the future NHS buget, why do they feel they are not trustworthy or professional enough to assess a patient as unfit for work or fit for work? The WCA isn't rocket science and certainly not beyond the remit of the GP. They can't have it both ways...

Best wishes

Rae

No you know after the expenses ??????? that we cannot have it both ways REPHRASE that we cannot have it anyway, while the MP's who concoct this garbage can and do.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640