Lloyds Offer ? I won't sign F&F form from FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After 15 months I have received a form from the fos regarding PPI refund with LLoyds. I have refused to sign until I know how much this will be.

The Fos have no figures and have said it is Lloyds that have offered to refund in line with their regulations.

I spoke to the adjudicator today and he couldn't understand why I wouldn't sign it.

"Why should I ?" I've already been stitched up by LLoyds for 2 years when I became ill and could'nt claim and its been a nightmare with them ever since.

He said If I didnt sign, Lloyds would not give me a figure. He went on to say it will now be passed to a mediation team ?

My response was if I have not heard from anyone by the end of the month I have no option but to start court proceedings ?

Have I done the right thing ?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Jezzaa,

The FOS love to buddy up with the banks. You sign and they'll send you a letter to say that you've settled for £50. Know exactly what the offer is before you sign anything. I think you've done the right thing, stick to your guns.

The FOS tried to get me to settle for £50 5 years ago, I didn't sign, I've got a four figure sum 5 years later, I raised the same points, the credit card company lied to me.

indeed you have and join the club as im in the middle of exactly the same situation with the coop bank and have passed mine to a solicitor i think we need a dedicated thread on this where we can share our thoughts etc as im finding this to be a common practice with the fos

Ill get one started and will be back later to add further

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

ill put a link here to thread soon as

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi Jezzaa:)

Just to let you know I had exactly the same problem with the FOS and Lloyds but in the end I managed to get them to provide the figures!

At first Lloyds insisted via the FOS that it wasn't possible to provide amounts until the forms were signed and quite a few letters and emails went back and forth - eventually though, after standing my ground, Lloyds did supply the figures and calculations to me.

Despite this the FOS then sent out new acceptance forms which still had no figures on them. I just made sure I enclosed a covering letter to the FOS stating that I expected them to stand by the figures as quoted and apart from one refund which I'm still awaiting, when the refunds arrived they were as promised.

All the best with this!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Fos has said because I wont sign it will be passed to the mediation department ? He was not sure how long it will take for them to contact me !! surprize surprize...........

Disappointment yet again after nearly 2 years since 1st complained to LLoyds. AND 15 months with the FOS.

To top it all I got an appointment letter on Lloyds behalf from Moorcroft (been paying them monthly on payment plan).

Briefly saying that despite numerous attempts to visit your property no discussion has yet taken place to settle your account. Blah blah. Unless a payment can be arranged we will be left no alternative but to recommend LEGAL PROCEEDINGS against you without further notice.

I saw red.

So I Rang and

told them to go ahead take me to court as this account has been in dispute with Lloyds since 2008, so it was about time it got settled.

He then asked "Are u going to pay in full today then madam ?"

At this point i Really lost it !

Didnt he understand I will not pay one penny more from now on. And IF they continued to contact me on the phone or a rep visited my home I would report them for harrassment.

Have I got myself into even more trouble?

As far as Im aware they are not legally allowed to do so, is this correct ?

Would appreciate advice please.

jez

Yes stand your corner let them take you to court at least then you can counterclaim so keep all threat letters just in case they are needed

and yes the uttcr 1999 is very clear in that in a situation where a creditor owes you money aswell it is unfair to chase that debt what they should be doing is mediating which after 2yrs they have failed to do

How will that look to a judge?

Because I have not heard from the Mediation Team at the FOS and Lloyds did NOT send info on PPI payments I have now found all my credit card statements and TRYING to calculate the Interest.

Im very confused looking at the threads.

The Interest rate on my card in 2007 was 2.210%

Do I use this with the 12 monthly ticked or do I convert it to APR ie 2.210 x12 and use Yearly ticked ?

Help would be appreciated, at least then I would know roughly what to expect from LLoyds if the FOS ever get back to me !!