• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wonga fight under way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Loads of trouble from Wonga Taking money several times a day from my account.

spoke to them this morning via thier online chat and they refused to answer my questions. only was advised to e mail em. Did that no repose at all. went back onto the chat and because they couldnt beat me (just kept saying my fault and tough basically. ) they terminated the conversation. went back on yet again and they are just ignoring anything I state . I have contacted a national paper about this and awaiing a reply back (via mail) to see if they will get involved as Wongas actions have left me in a very bad state with missed mortage payments bank charges and missed council tax payments so open to poss repossession is there anything else I can add so I can fight them further

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

need more to go on

Taking multiple payments a day does this mean you have overpaid or were you behind on your payments?

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Who is taking the money, is it the bank or a subsiduary thereof, or is it someone you have given your card details to?

If the later, cancel your card immediately and get a new one.

As already said would need more info to provide more structured assistance.

wonga themselves I did try and defer the payments to when they could be paid but for some reason wouldnt let me then they started dipping into my account taking £10 payments at a time on the same day ( 5 times in one day before deciding to take a large chunk which left me with no funds to pay essentials like mortage or council tax) Contacted them via Live chat (refusing to speak on the phone as they charge the earth) where some numpty just kept telling me to contact thier e mail address refusing to listen to my greivance. When I put several questions to thier advisor they refused to answer instead cutting me off. I logged back in this time they just ignored me totally despite asking why. Logged off and back in they did come back told me to e mail again and cut me off again. there has been no reply to an e mail I sent them I have contacted a national paper but was fobbed off by them (well it isnt a nookie scandal and im not Jordan LOL) . also awaiting for watchdog to come back to me too. seems to me that getting any response is harder than getting blood out of a stone and I can quite understand with companies like these why people completely lose it and do things that they would not nomally do besides cancelling my card anything else I can do. Sorry its so long winded and hope someone can help

Wonga,

Once your account goes into default you can contact them and set up a repayment plan over 12 months. the amount you owe is then frozen and the monthly payment normally taken from the same card.

Using live chat you say you want to talk about making a payment and ask for them to call you give your number to them they will call you to arrange payment then ask for the plan.

You get a agreement from then visable on the site when you log in giving you the details of the plan.

Stick to it and you won't have a problem. I beleive they use that third choice credit reference agency call union is it?

payment plan thats not the point I was trying to make What I am trying to get accross is that they are using underhanded tactics to get money then when confronted they refuse to acknowledge this I know about payment plan etc but until they acknowledge the fact theve acted illegally and immorally they can swing

I hear what your saying but when your dealing with an online company like Wonga then you won't always get the best service.

Don't want to state the obvious but they are only taking money you owe them.

If you would of contacted them immediately the day after you defaulted you would of had your plan and may well of been alot more relaxed about the whole affair.

Had the problem with them when banking with the Co-op. I made a chargeback, phoned (you can also wright) to the bank and they returned my money and said they will wright to wonga. Apparently wonga didn't respond and the charge back stand. Got all my money back that way.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

granted but I tried to defer this to a date that was more convenient they chose in there infanate wisdom to deny me that facility then tske the money the way they did THAT is what I am fighting

granted but I tried to defer this to a date that was more convenient they chose in there infanate wisdom to deny me that facility then tske the money the way they did THAT is what I am fighting

That is because they are back street cowboys who can't be trusted there word means nothing unfortunately.

They behave like it is their bank account from which they can withdraw as they wish. Should you owe them anything more then you will have to switch to another account. Co-op told me they cannot stop them doing that because I did give them my card details and that I have to ask them to stop doing that.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Kathleen,

With due respect that is not the point wonga is not the only creditor all they have done is made a bigger hole.

Remember any money owed to wonga is a non priority debt and as a result he will now have problems paying priority debts.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

latest, Got up checked mails and guess what no respose to complaint just an e mail saying to call them as I am in default seems like everything with them falls on deaf ears. :mad:

As previously advised your account is seriously in arrears. Our NEXT STEP is to inform one or more credit reference agencies that your account is in DEFAULT*. This has SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES and will probably impact your credit rating. The notice of your DEFAULT may stay on your credit file for up to SIX YEARS.

You can avoid this by calling us on 0844 842 9109 and paying your arrears of £197.36.

Where we inform any credit reference agencies, we will then consider that we have little option to take one of the steps laid out below:

• We may take LEGAL ACTION against you or instruct a SOLICITOR to do this on our behalf.
  • We can instruct a Debt Collection Agency to recover the debt by any means permitted by LAW. (This may mean that a debt collector calls to your home to collect payment or to assess your assets prior to taking Legal Action).
  • Where your debt is great enough we may instruct a SOLICITOR to commence BANKRUPTCY PROCEEDINGS against you by issuing you with a STATUTORY DEMAND.

You must call us today and we may still be able to help you. If you ignore this matter it will not go away and you will end up paying more and facing the inconvenience of the steps outlined above.

ACT NOW

Call 0844 842 9109 immediately

Collections Department

www.wonga.com

*As your agreement with us is already at an end, we are not required to serve you with a Default Notice in accordance with Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Wonga.com is a trading style of Wonga.com Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number: 6374235. Registered Address: 88 Crawford Street, London, W1H 2EJ

docref[A4]

Edited by toofiegap
added extras

We can instruct a Debt Collection Agency to recover the debt by any means permitted by LAW. (This may mean that a debt collector calls to your home to collect payment or to assess your assets prior to taking Legal Action).

What b***s***

As your agreement with us is already at an end, we are not required to serve you with a Default Notice in accordance with Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Seems they are above the law in "Wonga Heaven"!! This is extremely useful information for me to use against them!

-----------------

------------------

------------------

besides cancelling my card anything else I can do.

Ask your bank to reverse the payments, they did it on many occaions.

-----------------

------------------

------------------

All organisations (including those living on planet wonga_cuckoo) are obliged to have a complaints department to handle disputes and they must deal with a complaint within 4 weeks, if they cannot do it in 4 weeks, then they must write to you, explaining that they will need more time and they have to complete it within these 8 weeks. (Do not have a link to the relevant legislation/guidance but has been told that by the MoJ yesterday).

They are obvious in breach of this by not even referring your grievances to their complaints department – this is more ammunition against those removed from reality.

-----------------

------------------

------------------

[quote=kathleenbilly;3031503.

Unbelieveable comment. Did you write that without blushing? the OP isn't trying to avoid his debt unlike you and your Friend £90,000 between you, he is trying to get them to take the money on a different day of the week/month when it is convenient for him.

Help and comments like this do not help anyone they just get peoples backs up.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

I agree thanks made only onE problem though (franitacally feels chest to make sure lady lumps still there LOL) they should have read the thread more carefully before making that snap judgement. But looking again at the agreement seems they have shot themselves in the foot by refusing to send the default notice now. (no im not avoiding paying them) but they just seem to think they can ge away with everything and that they are the law. They can take me to court if they so wish and they will be exposed by the high interest they charge but I doubt it as some one I knw defaulted and all he had was blustering letters from a solicitor which does not even exist.

It's likely you can get a refund/charge back from the bank. I had a problem a few years back where a loan company took two months payment from my account and basically left me with nothing to live on for the next 3 weeks. I went to the bank and told them that the second payment had been taken without my permission. After providing them with the details, they called up the transactions on the computer, and refunded me. They also blocked the company concerned from taking any further amounts from that account.

You have to go in person, and be firm with them. It's harder for them to fob people off in person than it is by phone.

Also writing to Wonga, recorded delivery, and raise a formal complaint, especially as they are leaving you short of money for priority things like mortgage payments, etc. If they don't respond, then you then go on to the OFT and Trading Standards.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Thanks Have e mailed x2 now will try and write as well but they are notorious for not dealing with anything and filing everything under under R for rubbish only problem with going to my bank is that its several miles away and because of the cash they took we are now without an MOT or anyway to get the car done they have basically left us in a very bad situation So wonderful stress levels LOL on about my millionth coffee today So rather stuck at the moment feel a bit like that carachter from roots just hope they dont send someone over and cut part of my foot off to stoop me escaping from thier clutches. (joke)

update take a load of this charging me 80.00 for looking into complaint and theats of having me done for fraud

We have been informed by our bank that you have challenged payment/s that were taken by us. You will be aware that your recent loan was due for payment and that in applying for credit from us, you gave us express permission to collect repayment of those loans from the debit card that you provided to us during your application for credit or any other debit or credit card subsequently provided to us.

Clause 3a of your credit agreement that relates to this permission states:

3. Payment

a. You agree to repay us the total amount payable on the date shown under “Key Financial Information”. We will collect this payment by debiting the debit card you have registered with us. If we are unsuccessful in collecting payment, we may try to debit your debit card at a later stage and on more than one occasion. If you have provided us with details of a second debit/credit card and we are unsuccessful in collecting payment from the first debit card, we may seek payment from the second debit/credit card and on multiple occasions as we determine necessary until full repayment is made.

This clause gives us your permission to collect payment on the due date that you selected or on an ongoing basis should you fall into arrears. We exercised this permission on (Payment date). We trust that this clarifies our action and demonstrates that we have acted entirely within the terms and spirit of our agreement with you.

If these transactions are reversed and we incur a loss as a consequence, we will consider that you have willfully and deliberately caused us a loss by misrepresenting to your bank that the transaction was not fair. We may consider this to be fraud as outlined by section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.

2. Fraud by false representation

(1) A person is in breach of this section if he—

(a) dishonestly makes a false representation, and

(b) intends, by making the representation—

(i) to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

This offence carries a significant penalty as outlined in section 1, of the same Act

1. Fraud

(3) A person who is guilty of fraud is liable—

(a) on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12

months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum (or to both);

(b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding

10 years or to a fine (or to both).

It will naturally be our position that, with us having outlined your contractual commitment, that you continue to represent that you were unaware of the reason for the disputed transaction(s) that you are committing an offence of fraud.

What happens next

If you do not contact us immediately, we will consider taking further action which may include informing CIFAS, the UK’s fraud prevention service, of your misuse of our facility. They will retain this data on a database which is available to most of the UK’s major banks, building societies and other financial services providers. Your current creditors may wish to withdraw your current credit facilities and you may find that the record of your actions seriously inhibits your ability to obtain further credit.

We will also provide a file to the Metropolitan Police, with whom we have an existing relationship in order to pursue this matter through the criminal justice system. We have an excellent working relationship with several Police forces throughout the UK and have a policy of actively supporting the Police in all joint anti fraud operations.

We also reserve the right to commence civil proceedings against you to recover any losses incurred by us as result of your actions. This may include a privately funded prosecution or other formal actions such as issuing a statutory demand in bankruptcy where the value of our loss was of sufficient size.. Failure to respond to the requirements of a statutory demand could lead to your personal bankruptcy. We may also commence legal proceedings against you in the civil courts or we may send a specialist debt collector to your home or place of work.

We may also an £80 to your account to cover the additional expense of us having to deal with this matter.

Please act now

Act immediately. We cannot understate the importance of you dealing with this matter today. Please contact us immediately on 0844 842 9109 so that we can discuss your accounts.

Kind regards,

Collections Department

0844 842 9109

Wonga.com

Wonga.com Limited. Registered office: 88 Crawford Street, London, W1H 2EJ. Registered in England no. 6374235. Consumer Credit licence 611974/

Edited by toofiegap
missed some personal info on removal