Need info about max time for JSA appeal

tinkerballs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

I am appealing against stopping my JSA for four months.

However, I don't know how long the appeal will take, as the person I spoke to at Hoxton jobcentre said it could be six months.

That's obviously ridiculous, but not surprising since a lot of benefit rules seem to come out of Gulliver's Travels!

The Jobcentre seems to be doing all it can to tie me in knots so I have no choice other than to run and catch the first ****ty job no-one else wants paying the minimum wage.

The IMPORTANT POINT though is that this wasn't the intention when the original benefits legislation was framed. The idea was that I apply for jobs and update my CV etc. and get treated fairly in return.

It might help someone answer if you told us why you were sanctioned and what you have done so far?

Just saying like ;)

I was sanctioned for not applying for one job I was given. So far I appealed the decision because the four month sanction was too great for a simple oversight which I attribute to my mental condition which I have supported by a doctor's letter.

And I had porridge and marmite sandwiches for breakfast.

i.e. it's irrelevant! The principle is justice should not be delayed unnecessarily. It's similar to being in Tesco and having to wait too long in the checkout line. They don't look in your basket to see what you've spent, do they! They just open a new till for you!:roll:

Hello again. So are you saying you forgot about applying please?

HB

No, I confused the "ought to's" with the "might try's" because of my mental condition which has been confirmed by my doctor in writing.

There is no maximum time limit set down in law for DWP to act, or for the Tribunals Service to make a decision on an appeal. Both do set their own internal targets but they are variable and cannot be used to fast track a claim. For this type of appeal it normally does take around 6 months from the date the appeal is received at DWP to the date the tribunal make a decision - if it goes to tribunal.

Swearing is automatically edited by a filter. The site rules which honeybee referred to earlier can be found by clicking here

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

i.e. it's irrelevant! The principle is justice should not be delayed unnecessarily. It's similar to being in Tesco and having to wait too long in the checkout line. They don't look in your basket to see what you've spent, do they! They just open a new till for you!

whilst I sympathise that it will take so long to look at the appeal it can't be resolved by taking on more staff. The current recruitment freeze and planned redundancies suggest that this isn't a realistic option.

whilst I sympathise that it will take so long to look at the appeal it can't be resolved by taking on more staff. The current recruitment freeze and planned redundancies suggest that this isn't a realistic option.

I don't know how many appeals are allowed before the tribunal, but I'm guessing it's like parking appeals; i.e. hardly any.

They ought to shoot through them all in a couple of days:!: