Compo offered, asked how much I want!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Been a while since I've been on, but here's my latest question:

In 2004 I accepted a settlement figure from HFC, sent the cheque and they said they's amend all the entries on the Credit Files in my name to show it WASN'T in default and the balance had been settled. They cashed the payment, and didn't change it!

I wrote again, in 2009 and they replied saying they's made a mistake and they'd change it, and they didn't change it!

I wrote again, and sent 8 copies of their agreement letter, and a copy of the cheque, and they didn't change it!

Called them, and finally, after 5 years 9 months they've changed it!:D

Now the good bit, they've sent me a 3 page letter stating:

• They've made a huge error
  • Its all their fault (they didn't change the records)
  • They are totally to blame
  • They've told ME I've been fiancially disadvantaged because of their error
  • They apologised for the way the Staff spoke to me
  • Apologised for not recording all the calls

Most importantly they've said "I am due compensation, but I must give evidence to support my claim"

My question is, simply what am I due?

Can I claim:

• For the sub prime mortgage I had to get because of their default notice? (perhaps the difference betweeen the standard mortgage rate of the time against what I paid, which I've worked out to the penny, to be an additional £16,000!)
  • For the sub prime loan I got, again because of their default notice?
  • The loss of goodstanding with banks (2 banks carried out credit searches earlier this year and said no because the default was still there, other places have turned me down for mortgages)
  • My pain and grief, and time?

Can anyone give me an idea of what would be reasonable to ask for, and realistically what I'd get? (I can prove the mortgage etc I've paying)

Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work!

Shearersbigtoe:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

There is caselaw but the average compensation for an incorrect default registered on a credit file is £1K but there have been substantially higher awards made. You could quote Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society (1996) 4 All ER 119

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT