Payment date changing, costing us £1000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope someone can help.

My partner's paydate at work is changing in October from the 28th to the 9th.

I've rang 2 companies we make payments to about changing the direct debit date and both have said (RBS - mortgage and GMAC - car finance) that they can't just put back the payment date, they will take a payment as normal on the 28th, followed by another payment on the 9th and then monthly on the 9th after that meaning we will have made 2 payments in one 30 day period!

Her work have said they are paying her as normal on the 28th Aug, followed by a weeks payment on the 9th Sep, and then 3 weeks pay on the 9th Oct followed by a normal monthly after that.

Here's a quick spreadsheet I knocked up to show you our finances with a running total of our account balance at the end, note that we've already changing the dates for our payments, hence the payments coming out on the 9th Aug.

aloj9g.jpg

So I guess my question is: is there anything I do and does this look correct? It certainly doesn't seem fair that her company can put her payment date back but RBS are perfectly fine in bringing their payment dates forward.

Should I also post this into the mortgage section here, to see if what RBS is doing is correct?

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(

Oops just checked with my partner, she is getting a full months pay on 9th Oct not 3 weeks, but that still means we'll be £750 down.

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(

Thanks honeybee, I have posted this on the mortgage forum as well.

Re-jiging our finances might work, but regardless of what we might do there is an extra mortgage payment coming out costing us £750.

I know it all works out in the end, but that's 20 odd years away !