DLA for 1 year old son

Chri5topher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we have recently been given the medium rate of DLA, but dont qualify for mobility because this is only for the higher rate of DLA? we are in desparate need of mobility as recently out car after 10 years has come to an end. we now have no mobility we have a further 3 children under the age of 8 and a 1 year old son with the medium rate of DLA . this can only be reviewed when he is 3? is there anyway we can get help for mobility. i work full time my partner look after the children

please help we cant wait 2 years to put a cliam in for mobility.:-x

I have just had a look as when my son was first granted dla, we had to wait until he was 5 until we got help with a car. I think now they have to be 3.

If you are claiming for a disabled child

Your child must need a lot more help or supervision than other children of the same age.

You can claim for care needs before a child is aged three months, but benefit will not be paid before the child reaches the age of three months unless they are paid under 'special rules' (see below).

You can claim for mobility needs from:

• age three, if your child is unable, or virtually unable, to walk or would be at risk if they tried to walk
  • age three, if your child is both 100 per cent disabled because of loss of eyesight and not less than 80 per cent disabled because of deafness
  • age three, if your child is severely mentally impaired with severe behavioural problems and qualifies for the highest rate of care component
  • age five, if your child needs guidance or supervision when walking out of doors

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

No, you won't get it now. A 1 disabled yr old child's walking needs won't be that significantly different from a non-disabled one's, in other words, you'd expect that child to be in a pushchair/carried for a large amount of the time, you wouldn't expect a 1 yr old to do a lot of walking. The fact you have other children is irrelevant, if you had 4 kids with no disability, you wouldn't expect the State to provide you with help towards a car, and until this one's mobility is very different from other children the same age, there is no way you'll get it. As has been previously stated, it used to be 5 yrs old, it's now 3.

So yes, you are going to find a different way to carry the kids around for at least the next 2 years. The way this government is set on putting the squeeze on the disabled, I wouldn't hold my breath for the future either, tbh.

Thread moved to the benefit forum :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .