style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3676 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

how come there are so many agency jobs. i believe that agency's have many people on their books, are they all employed ?

Dunno. Most agency staff in my industry are blummin rubbish, I know that.

They don't!! I am looking for work, I don't know how often I have seen a great job, you apply - hear nothing - chase them up and suddenly - 'oh, it is a mistake, that one was filled last month'

They keep them on their books just to make them look popular!!

Any advise that is given, is from my experience, either in life in general or from my years of senior management in the hospitality and leisure industries. However, please take legal advise before taking any actions.

There are so many agency jobs, because that way the employer saves on recruitment costs and avoids liability in litigation under any employment laws ie.unfair dismissal and especially discrimination,where compensation is unlimited.

Furthermore agency staff are available and/or not wanted at the end of a phone call.

The above makes a mockery of all employment legislation and should be outlawed.

There are so many agency jobs, because that way the employer saves on recruitment costs and avoids liability in litigation under any employment laws ie.unfair dismissal and especially discrimination,where compensation is unlimited.

Furthermore agency staff are available and/or not wanted at the end of a phone call.

The above makes a mockery of all employment legislation and should be outlawed.

Above is true as well as agncies want a lote of proential emloyees on their books so they have lots of people for their clients to pick from...:|

Edited by Allwood

I'm currently trawling for a new job, and am giving agencies a wide berth at the moment. I can't believe how many agency jobs are advertised on the Jobcentre plus website. Surely they're an agency in their own right?

Agencies either just completely ignore you (mentioning no names, the ones on jobsite) or they hound you relentlessly with rubbish jobs, telling you your CV is an excellent match. Until they hear what salary you want them to match.

There was a 'vacancy' advertised on behalf of an agency on Jobcentre Plus the other day to undergo training to be an at-home call-answerer for catalogue companies. Among the gobbledegook they were paying minimum wage and taking a small *cough* splutter* fee out of your wages to pay for the training. How did this ever make it on to their site??

And breathe...

Ive been registered with a couple of agencies now for over a year, and although Im lucky enough not to need them, I havent heard a peep for either of them.

So where are all the jobs they are supposed to have on their books!!!

I did actually get a really good job via an agency in 2004, until I found out the director was swindling the company and I quit. But that's another story. :|

Funnily enough, the most rubbish and unappealing job adverts are for staff to work in employment agencies. It's almost as though they're trying to apologise before you've even clicked on the page. I truly think they will become more hated than estate agents and traffic wardens.