Job title and description - doing a completely different job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if any could offer me any advice.

I started employment a few months ago as a Employability tutor assistant (this is what is wrote in my contact) with job description set as - To assist in various provisions and complete relevant documents and sections of an individual learning plan and conduct regular reviews. Undertake general admin work, support on a one to one basis.

However, I have been doing the job of the tutor - designing the course, the sessions and fully taking the lessons.

Now this is not my job, I should be a tutor assistant rather than the tutor.

Where do I stand in telling my employer that I want to do the job I was hired to do and not be a tutor which I was not hired to be nor payed to be?

Thanks for any advice!

Hello and welcome to CAG. Have you spoken to anyone about this? Like your boss or HR, for instance. It doesn't sound very fair that you're doing a job that would pay more than the one in your contract.

The best approach is to try and resolve the problem informally, but the next step is likely to be to raise a grievance.

You could also ring ACAS's confidential helpline and ask what they think. The number is on their website.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum