bobidrawpictures

Job title and description - doing a completely different job

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3677 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I was wondering if any could offer me any advice.

I started employment a few months ago as a Employability tutor assistant (this is what is wrote in my contact) with job description set as - To assist in various provisions and complete relevant documents and sections of an individual learning plan and conduct regular reviews. Undertake general admin work, support on a one to one basis.

However, I have been doing the job of the tutor - designing the course, the sessions and fully taking the lessons.

Now this is not my job, I should be a tutor assistant rather than the tutor.

Where do I stand in telling my employer that I want to do the job I was hired to do and not be a tutor which I was not hired to be nor payed to be?

Thanks for any advice!

Hello and welcome to CAG. Have you spoken to anyone about this? Like your boss or HR, for instance. It doesn't sound very fair that you're doing a job that would pay more than the one in your contract.

The best approach is to try and resolve the problem informally, but the next step is likely to be to raise a grievance.

You could also ring ACAS's confidential helpline and ask what they think. The number is on their website.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I haven't brought it up but I am going to - we are having a big staff meeting later today and after that I am wanting to see my line manager.

Thanks for suggesting ACAS, I will give them a ring!

Thanks

ACAS start at 8.0 I believe. Hopefully, you can get some help before your meetings.

Please come back and tell us how it went.

HB

I rang ACAS - they just advised me to talk informally to my line manager.

I will post back later!

I'm glad you got through, early is a good time to ring. I hope they gave you some facts to help you?

HB

Not really, the woman just said to bring it up with my line manager informally. I asked about the law surrounding my issue but she just reaffirmed to bring it up informally at this stage.