DBC

Clamper Loses (Unusual) Court Case

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3684 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thanks to the poster over on MSE for flagging this up:-

A car clamping company has taken a public-spirited Andover restaurant owner to court because he was helping people to not get clamped.

"If you carry on to warn people away from the car park causing me loss of earning I will have to issue a county court summons in the region of £150 for each day you do this."

Which goes to prove that the whole clamping business is just looked upon as a cash-cow, and nothing to do with stopping people from parking where they shouldn't.

Great - a judge with brains who struck it out straight away.

Excellent. No reasonable chance of success.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am surprised the idiot thought that they could sue for damages. In essence they were trying to say that if you obeyed the signs the council could sue the highway deaprtment! :D

Next it will be burglars suing the police for "loss of earning" because the police have told people to keep their doors and windows locked.