mil colllections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

does anyone know anything about M.I.L. collections?

They have phoned me a couple of times about a debt that i've never heard of..and have been very rude to my wife in the process..

They've also threatened to "send the boys round" if I dont call them by a certain time !!

Any help please?

A Dca Called Mackenzie Hall Pass Accounts Onto These Muppetts

They Use Scare Tacticts To Get You To Acknowledge The Debt

Send Them The Bemused And Telephone Harrasment Template By Recorded Delivery

If They Call, Keep, And I Mean, Keep Hanging Up And Log The Calls

Thanks, Guys, great advice and thanks for the links !

Only problem is, they've never sent me anything in writing, despite them telling me they have (on numerous occasions apparently! ) so to that end, I couldn't send them anything even if I wanted to, as I have no address for them.

My worry is that they will keep phoning while I'm at work, and be rude to my Wife and upset her even more. Apparently, the man on the other end of the phone kept demanding that she give them my mobile number, to which she kept on refusing. Even though she told them repeatedly that;

A) She was not me, and they shouldn't be talking to her regarding this matter.

B)She would pass the message on (which she says she must have repeated about 20 times !! )

I will send a letter regarding telephone harrassment, but as I said, I have no address to send it to, and as regards the "alleged debt", I have no record of it, or no account or reference number to respond to !!!

1) Contact your telephone provider and inform them of the harassment. Ask them to block the number from call you; or

2) Record one of their threatening rants and take it to the police; or

3) Purchase a loud whistle and blow it down the phone at them :p

Brilliant, thanks very much!

Got a letter from them this morning;

REF NO:XXXXXX

"Dear Sir or Madam,

Your details may now be passed to our Field Agent Co-ordinator.

The purpose of a visit will be to establish your residency and reason for continued non payment.

Details of your assets, such as vehicles and other property may be recorded during this visit to determine your ability to repay this debt.

If you wish to resolve this matter prior you can contact our Field Agent Co-ordinator directly on 07825 735867

Yours faithfully,

Owen Gregory "

WTF???? I'm very surprised that there is nothing else about these muppets on here !!

I'm now in the process of sending them a telephone harassment letter, should I now CCA them as well, or just wait?

They can't just come to my door unannounced, can they?

This worries me because my mother in law often comes to look after the children while we are at work, and would probably flap if some obnoxious bloke came knocking asking for money !!!

Help, please ???:(

Hi Cmad,

They can not visit you unless they make an appointment with you.If they do call the police.

Send them the following.

YOUR REF 123456

Dear Cretins

I refer to your recent correspondence.

I note it is your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and civil action will be taken.

If you do not understand the foregoing I suggest you seek professional advice.

yours etc

I have just had a call from MIL threatening me with "The Boys" coming round, I have dispatched the letter as above from the library here, I was even told my name will appear in paper with the conviction if they go to court....I tried to be serious but I just laughed out loud at that one, ohh thats the best one ever. Luckily I was with local police inspector last night at a meeting just mentioned it in passing to him, he was very interested in tatics, had a call from him this morning he sent local police round to visit and advise them what is legal and what was threatening behaviour. I look forward to my next round of dealings with these charmers.

Anyone getting this threat abourt names in paper please ring your local police the more complaints recieved by the police the more likely they will be appearing themselves in court and their offences published in press

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

I like the way you can request a more detailed brochure and then they have a line at the bottom that says your ip address, pity when I checked mine against this it was different, must be a way of stopping people making bogus request, by trying to frighten them away - idiots

Oo-er, mother in law collections. Just love that image of a guy rolling his sleeves up ready for a fight. :rolleyes:

I like the way you can request a more detailed brochure and then they have a line at the bottom that says your ip address, pity when I checked mine against this it was different, must be a way of stopping people making bogus request, by trying to frighten them away - idiots

They had mine right!

• 6 months later...

The joy's I am having right now, with these jokers from MIL.

They have been passed an account from Wescot's in Hull (My FME friend previousaly worked for Wescot's, so was very helpful when I needed advice), and it appears to relate to an aledged debt from Provident Credit, whom I used some 8 years a go, and I believe I had paid up the account, however this was at an old address, but I did take care, to ensure that I informed any creditors at the time, that I was moving home.

Q today (Saturday), and so far, I have had 2 letters, god knows how many phone calls, and today, a text message, saying they are going to pay me a visit in person.

Their first letter, I basicaly said.... guys, no idea if you have a legit claim for this debt or not, so I need you to show me evidence of this debt, such like a signed credit aggrement, and you need to sort this soon, as there are time constraints in which you must peform actions within, or the case will basicaly be statue barred.

Got flodded with calls on my mobile, after I put the phone down on one guy, whom decided to talk to me like a lump of crap.

Anyway, I have sent on Friday, an e-mail to them, followed by a fax and a RM Signed for letter, reminding them to supply evidence as previousaly required, by the 31st of this month, or the time limit will kick in, and they will forgo any claim that they may have had, and at no time have I admitted any liability, in whole or part, for this debt.

Just want to see if I have covered all the bases so far, and anything I need to do or watch out for later?

If there has been no written acknowledgement or payment of this debt for more than six years then it is statute barred under the Limitation Act. Send them the statute barred template letter from the templates section on this site. This is safer than asserting that the debt is SB in another letter. The CAG template is robust and this lot need to be dealt with robustly.

Given that they seem to be a bunch of knuckle draggers, they will probably ignore the law. If they do report them to your local Trading Standards via the Consumer Direct website and to the OFT. Don't engage in any further correspondence with them or speak to them over the phone.

Yes, the 6 year rule (5 for Scotland) I am pretty sure will apply in my case (The local CAB also mentioned this to me), but to be sure that is so and as not to show my hand too early, I feel I would need them to first show proof of debt, like producing a credit agriement.

Edited by stanmarsh14

and we have started again but not as threatening i.e no names in paper etc.........however they seem to have misplaced the telephone harrasment letter so another one went today, however I have missed our chats, so the chat was nice at first until I said I have no knowledge of that debt if you feel its me and if you feel I owe it then if I was you I would have me in court so fast to get the cash.

so Mr padja you want us to go to court?

yes please

why?

because I don't owe that money and your going to look silly trying to get money for a debt I dont owe

we are legally trained

are you really?

yes

have you got my CCA

whats a CCA?

if your legally trained you would know

smart arse

the phone goes dead

ohhhhhh you've gone

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

LOL, and you are only just up the road from me (I'm almost next to East Mids Airport)

I think the both of us need to go out for a few beers, and think up of some war plans, and finally give MIL, the middle finger :-D

and we have started again but not as threatening i.e no names in paper etc.........however they seem to have misplaced the telephone harrasment letter so another one went today, however I have missed our chats, so the chat was nice at first until I said I have no knowledge of that debt if you feel its me and if you feel I owe it then if I was you I would have me in court so fast to get the cash.

so Mr padja you want us to go to court?

yes please

why?

because I don't owe that money and your going to look silly trying to get money for a debt I dont owe

we are legally trained

are you really?

yes

have you got my CCA

whats a CCA?

if your legally trained you would know

smart arse

the phone goes dead

ohhhhhh you've gone

I've missed MIL calling me 3 times a day, yes not too far away perhaps we can ask them to call us on one number and deal with them together, they really are muppets

• 1 month later...

Right, looks like this account has been bounced back to Wescot's in Hull again, despite my request of proof some 2 months a go (Sent via RM's Signed For service), which was sent to their registered company addresses, according to Companys House, and the CSA.

Wescot's are now asking for address / DOB verification, but am I right in basically telling them to "go forth and multiply", as it's been well over 28 days a go, that I asked BOTH Wescot's and MIL for proof of entitlement of debt, like a credit agreement?

Edited by stanmarsh14