*Capquest help current situation within*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have started a new thread as i now have the main facts,

Date of loan agreement 25th October 2004

Date of default last payment March 2005

Capquest are chasing this debt.

No acknowlegement or payments so the above dates fully apply.

As you will know the debt will be statue barred in March 2011

Here below are the links for the Customer Credit Agreement and Default notice,

CCA Link

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/kathleenbilly/CCA.jpg[/url]

Default link

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/kathleenbilly/DF.jpg

Can someone advise me as to what i should do or direct me to a letter i may be-able to send?

Thanks for any advice offered.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The links are now working,

I have simplified the thread with the facts i need to do something that relates directly to the information i have given.

Whether it's a letter i can send or make contact and pay the debt.

I was told the cheque was delivered by a courier you sign the Credit agreement and he gives you a copy too, the customer does not need to necessary sign there's the important one ie: (Bank Copy) which i'm sure was signed.

I understand he then signed again with the courier for the cheque that was then presented to him.

I have started a new thread as i now have the main facts,

Date of loan agreement 25th October 2004

Date of default last payment March 2005

Capquest are chasing this debt.

No acknowlegement or payments so the above dates fully apply.

As you will know the debt will be statue barred in March 2011

Here below are the links for the Customer Credit Agreement and Default notice,

CCA Link

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/kathleenbilly/CCA.jpg

Default link

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/kathleenbilly/DF.jpg

Can someone advise me as to what i should do or direct me to a letter i may be-able to send?

Thanks for any advice offered.

Do you know if your debt has also been sold to CrapQuest?

You should request all your documents under a SAR to see what they have.

Both the agreement and DN look okay to me.

The date of the Default Notice, ie: Send out on the 07th June 2005 by the Bank of Scotland.

You are correct there are no cancellation rights on the agreement.

I shall scan the back of the Credit Agreement and put it on here for your inspection thanks

Edited by kathleenbilly

I was told the cheque was delivered by a courier you sign the Credit agreement and he gives you a copy too, the customer does not need to necessary sign there's the important one ie: (Bank Copy) which i'm sure was signed.

I understand he then signed again with the courier for the cheque that was then presented to him.

Yes. Sainsbury's Bank, part of HBOS, used to do the same.

if the default notice was dated 7 june 2005, it would be deemed served 9 june

the date needed to rectify the dn would be the 23 june, not the 17 june

dont get to excited though, it was seven days to rectify the default but the reg changed i believe in 2005

any caggers got a date when it change from 7 to 14 days to rectify a default

I notice from the agreement that BOS charged over £6k for PPI type cover. Seems bl**dy expensive to me. Think it may be worth looking into the mis-selling of this cover, even though your friend would not have paid much of the premium.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Capquest on sniffing on this loan waiting for my next move or reply,

When this started i had no information and sent them a limitation Act letter they replied telling me it's not statur barred giving me the date of the Credit Agreement and account number. But that was all they sent i don't think they have anything else at this stage.

I hope someone can give me advice on what to do, if i do nothing i'm sure Capquest will leap into action.....so i need to write something to them?

Pinky two more flaws on the Credit agreement for your information,

The address on the agreement where the contract was made and he lived lists him as the owner, he never was and did not own any property he was the tenant there.

Secondly Marital status as Married?

He was not married????????????????

The 14 days to remedy the breach became law under the CCA 2006 -it was still 7 days in 2005. However, it could only be deemed to be served on the 9th if sent 1st Class and the creditor would have to prove it was sent 1st Class with proof of postage, which they won't have. Otherwise, if sent 2nd class, which is the normal business class, it would not be deemed to be received until the 13th and that would make the date they must give you to remedy the breach the 20th.

Posted on the 7th, 4 days for delivery, the weekend doesn't count (Queen's Bench Practice Division 1985), received on the 13th.

You now need to find out when the termination date was in an SAR if you don't have the termination notice or the date when the loan was first demanded in full and by whom. Don't mention a word to Capquest or the BOS until you have that information.

Pinky,

Can you tell me exactly what i need to obtain to help is it the BOS 10.00 pound postal order thing to get all the info as mine's incomplete?

I can do that tomoorow in the post in the meantime what do i do with Capquest???

if the default notice was dated 7 june 2005, it would be deemed served 9 june

the date needed to rectify the dn would be the 23 june, not the 17 june

dont get to excited though, it was seven days to rectify the default but the reg changed i believe in 2005

any caggers got a date when it change from 7 to 14 days to rectify a default

Came into force 1 October 2006

14 Default notices

Substitution of 14 days for seven days where it occurs in section 88 of the 1974 Act (contents and effect of default notice)

I have now completed and printed off the Subject access request to the Bank of Scotland and will send recorded delivery in the morning.

Capquest have not asked for any money, there reply at this stage was to inform me the debt was not statue barred in response to my limitattion act letter. They then included a form for me to fill out with my breakdown cost etc rent living gas electric etc.

But no talk of money at this stage or any other dialouge.

There letter was basic and brief but yes they have purchased the debt from the Bank of Scotland.

What do i do in the meantime should i write to them??????????????