Can he appeal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father was driving his disabled friend to the hospital for a visit and gave my father his disabled driving permit. However my father did not know how this should be displayed and placed it in the window with just the disabled part showing. He later received a parking ticket in the post which states

' Contravention 40 Parked in a designated disabled persons parking place without displaying a valid disaped persons badge in the prescribed manner'.

Can he appeal this as £60 or £120 is alot for the disabled person to pay?

only of the PCN has no flawss, the traffic order has no applicable flaw, if the signage is lawful, if the NTO is compliant, if any NoR is compliant. Why do people jump the gun in the absence of all the relevant facts ? we post here to help people. well some of us do.

You have nothing to lose by making informal reps before the end of the discount period.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I used my BB in a friends car, and because his dashboard ledge on the passenger side is so narrow, it fell off whilst I was away from the car.

I immediately wrote to my local council, [stafford], giving badge details, and they cancelled it - as they should, of course, I had displayed a valid badge, as required, and it had fallen off whilst not within my control.

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I used my BB in a friends car, and because his dashboard ledge on the passenger side is so narrow, it fell off whilst I was away from the car.

I immediately wrote to my local council, [stafford], giving badge details, and they cancelled it - as they should, of course, I had displayed a valid badge, as required, and it had fallen off whilst not within my control.

The badge needs to be displayed the entire time its parked whilst the Council can as they did in your case use discretion and cancel they are not obliged to.

I am utterly confused.

If I am in someone else's car, and they are therefore using my blue badge, I would actually be the one to display my blue badge. At the very least, I would be present and be able to explain how to use it.

How come the disabled person, whose blue badge it is, was unable to do this in this case?

I am utterly confused.

If I am in someone else's car, and they are therefore using my blue badge, I would actually be the one to display my blue badge. At the very least, I would be present and be able to explain how to use it.

How come the disabled person, whose blue badge it is, was unable to do this in this case?

This is what I was thinking as well. when I take my dear old mom out in my car, she is the one who places her badge on the dash. If the driver placed it incorrectly resulting in the ticket then surely it is the driver's responsibility?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

It is not difficult to figure out the answer to the prior questions.

These people are friends and the disabled person likely feels bad that his friend who was doing him a favour got caught out.

How friends fix these things between them has nothing to do with liability under the law.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

It is not difficult to figure out the answer to the prior questions.

These people are friends and the disabled person likely feels bad that his friend who was doing him a favour got caught out.

How friends fix these things between them has nothing to do with liability under the law.

I was not discussing liability, more whether the disabled person was present at the time.

I was not discussing liability, more whether the disabled person was present at the time.

My father was driving his disabled friend to the hospital for a visit and gave my father his disabled driving permit.

Bit difficult to see how he could not be present when being driven and handing over the permit.

In which case, my original question still stands - how come the owner of the badge did not know how to use it properly?

Many years ago, I used to give a blind friend of mine lifts (boy, were his directions interesting). Anyway, it was his badge, he would hand it to me when I parked the car, but he would tell me what to do with it, what to set, which way up, where I could park, etc.

I actually had a real go at one of our parking wardens a few days ago, he was ticketing a car with a blue badge displayed the wrong way up - and he told me that he does it because in his experience disabled people know how to use their badges, so he issues the PCN to stop abuse, if the blue badge is displayed wrongly it is usually because the person it was issued to is not in the car (he said). He also said that if the owner of the badge wrote in, and it turned out to be their car, or they had some evidence of them being there at the time, the fine would be lifted by the council.

I apologised for chewing him up.

I accept that not all councils will be the same, of course, but if the OPs Dad sends in evidence of the friends hospital appointment, and a reason why the friend could not explain how to use the blue badge, the PCN is likely to be lifted, the reason why PCNs are issued in that situation is to stop abuse.

Very simple my wife is disabled but when we go anywhere and use her badge I am the one that puts the badge on display, it takes my wife all her time to get in and out of the car also the only place you can display it safely in my car is drivers side.

dpick

It was my father's first time taking his friend on his appointment and the first time using the badge. His friend was issued with a new badge and may have thought that he knew how to use it. My father put the badge on the dashboard with only the disabled logo showing not a time or anything as you are meant to. His friend did not know this. My father uses his own car as he has taken over the responsibility from his friends daughter who now works and my father has recently retired.