• Tweets

• The HA might be jointly liable with the other renter, if they have not done anything and allowed the interference to continue.  As BF indicates talk to others affected, and go after t him as a group, and involve the HA as they are also remiss permitting the interference.   Just an aside, wonder if the HA would like people to vacate and end their garage tenacy as they have other ideas for the land.  I know of HA's in wales that wanted top demolish and use the land for building living units as income barely sufficient to maintain the garages.
    • Thank You Bankfodder. What do you mean by the statement I have been offered?   I really eish i could make it a clean break and return the car as I want this to end and I dont really want a car without service history but I feel I am stuck in a hard place. The MOT is due next month and the warnings on the car are becoming more frequent. Either way I'm sure i will end up having to fix it.
    • Being objective, it could be that they accept you've cancelled the DD mandate and you can no longer access the gym.   But that does not rule out them arguing that you cancelled early or without the notice they require.   Let's not second guess though - let us know if they come after you for more, or if they let it rest.
    • I'm asking this as a result of a recent experience as i know some of you are really knowledgeable about disciplinarys. I know it's going to sound a bit cryptic but here goes.   So without giving too much away, if a local authority staff member is caught somewhere they should not be, doing something they should not be doing (usually a criminal record)  & when confronted by a member of the public tells that member of public to F' off, makes derogatory remarks about them, then on camera gives them the middle finger (all backed by witness statement), what sort of hope does that person have of retaining their job?   Clearly gross misconduct, but realistically is this survivable?
    • ROFL Says the person who almost exclusively just posts his unsupported 'opinion', ... which actually seem to come straight from Boris the Liars Puerile book of Populist Jingles (2nd edition) - but that is the populist way isn't it whether Russian troll bot or actual populist on a forum - point the finger of their own failings at others.     Back to reality: People just have to google 'Johnson foreigner lies' to get swamped with examples,   - or just 'Johnson lies' to get his divisive hate and division peddling on everything  racist/foreigner bashing/ misogynistic/the list goes on .. peddling to name but a few.   Heres just a couple of examples from literally thousands across the world: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/37-lies-gaffes-scandals-make-18558695   https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T   https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-brexit-middle-east-priti-patel-israel-balfour-robert-fisk-a9030356.html   https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/24/the-empty-promise-of-boris-johnson   Now your turn to catch up supporting your many 'opinion' posts Mr unsupported populist opinionist. .. .. A little help: Try googling 'boris Johnson competent' oops that  wont help you.      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
        • Thanks
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
        • Thanks
      • 16 replies
sunrisecards

EMA problems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3687 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

not sure if this is the right place to post this but I desperately need help before I scream

my daughter has just finished a hairdressing course where she was not eligible for ema as my husband and I earn too much

in May while still on the course she found a nail course that she wanted to do , when she went to make enquires she was told that she could claim ema , she argued the point with them and said she couldn't get it as we earnt above the limit, she was told that because it was an e2e course she was entitled to it regardless. She was still adamant that she wasnt.

they gave her the forms to claim for it anyway which she filled in and got a contract back dated the 2nd June saying she could get it from the 31st may - 29th August ( the course finishes in November )

she didnt' get it signed until the 28th June as that was the day the course started.

last week on the 7th July she was called into the office and told that she wasnt' going to get the ema as on the 28th June the government had changed the rules and it was now means tested,

she was distraught - although we earn too much but its only just above the limit after paying the bills , mortgage etc we cannot afford to give her £30 a week. She was looking long term and was going to use the ema to take driving lessons so that when the course finishes she is mobile to be able to go for different jobs or if there are no jobs available she can do mobile work.

we rang the ema department 3 times on Wednesday 7th July speaking to 3 different people each checked with their team leader and each one came back and said it was all ok and she was entitled to it but the college have got an email and said because the form was signed on the 28th June she can't have it

I have now spoken again to the ema who have told me that this is right but if she had gone into the college and got the form signed even the day before , even though the course didn't start till the 28th she would be entitled to the money until the end of August

I do think that once enrolled onto the course the ema shoud be there until the course has finished

I went on the direct gov website on the 7th july and there in black and white it says if you're on an e2e course you'll get the maximum £30 weekly ema payment regardless of your household income

surely if the rules changed on the 28th June that shouldn't still have been on there on the 7th July ???

my husband luckily told me to print it off in case it changed which surprise surprise it has now but I have it in writing with a date on the sheet of paper

I am now putting in a claim with the ema and have my local mp looking into the situation for me

is anyone else having problems like this ??

I have just found this on a website

this means that courses starting from the 28th June 2010 the e2e variant of ema will not be available to new learners and all new learners will be income assessed,

for learners whose programme starts before the 28th June the current arrangements will continue until the end of the course or 10th January 2011 whichever comes first

does that mean that if my daughter had started the course on the 27th June then she would have been paid ema until the end of the course in November ???

if this is the case I am even more annoyed as her and her friends liased with both colleges for a suitable start date for the new course, she finished the hair course on the 24th June and could easily have started the new one the next day on the 25th June ( if someone , anyone !!! had told them of the new 28th June rule ) she would now not be having any problems and would be paid to the end of her course at the end of November !!!

I have just found this on a website

this means that courses starting from the 28th June 2010 the e2e variant of ema will not be available to new learners and all new learners will be income assessed,

for learners whose programme starts before the 28th June the current arrangements will continue until the end of the course or 10th January 2011 whichever comes first

does that mean that if my daughter had started the course on the 27th June then she would have been paid ema until the end of the course in November ???

if this is the case I am even more annoyed as her and her friends liased with both colleges for a suitable start date for the new course, she finished the hair course on the 24th June and could easily have started the new one the next day on the 25th June ( if someone , anyone !!! had told them of the new 28th June rule ) she would now not be having any problems and would be paid to the end of her course at the end of November !!!