style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3680 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I feel almost stupid asking this question considering the nightmare stories I've read on this forum and I'm sure it's a common question (although couldn't find an answer by searching).

My question is that I noticed that my fair is only rounded down at the end of my journey, so I guess it's possible to have insufficient funds on the card halfway through the journey, despite having enough for the overall journey. Is that correct?

Example, having £8 credit on the card and undertaking a journey worth £7.50 (off-peak one day travel), but hopping on and off tube, buses & rail services during the day.

What would happen in this case? Would my card prevent access at a barrier at some point? Would the gate let me through, but an inspector find fault?

I'm frightened to use my new Oyster card after reading this forum. :confused: